Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Become a Member

Wordpress Some WordPress issues

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by fly, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Nik

Nik Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    6:28 PM
    To clarify it worked then I updated PHP then it immediately didn't work, I didn't wait any number of hours . Now recreatable on 2 servers. I will remove all plugins but I seriously doubt that's it.

2. SineDave

SineDave New Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    Hi @eva2000 - I'm having the same problem now. I did run an option 13 yesterday to install Redis. Anyone else reporting this issue?

@Nik did you ever resolve this?

3. Nik

Nik Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    Nope I did not. I live with it now.

Are you running XF btw?

4. SineDave

SineDave New Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    Yes

5. Nik

Nik Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    Nope I did not. I live with it now.

Are you running XF btw?

It was definitely triggered by
    Are you running TH XPress?

6. Nik

Nik Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    Are you running TH XPress?

@eva2000

There's something super wrong with XF on your site right now. It's caching responses and frequently clocking when hitting Post Reply. Thought I'd mention it.

7. pamamolf

pamamolf Premium Member Premium Member

May 31, 2014
    Ratings:
    +706
    Local Time:
    1:28 AM
    Nginx-1.17.x
    MariaDB 10.3.x
    No issues for Wordpress and Invision forum using the latest Redis...

It may help to post all your plugins that you are using...

8. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +15,560
    Local Time:
    8:28 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    what is exact error messages you see as there's different issues discussed in this thread. I can't reproduce phar error but PHP 7.4 incompatible errors I confirmed is related to PHP 7.4 which is resolved if you downgrade to PHP 7.3 Wordpress - Some WordPress issues

But if you're using Wordpress with Xenforo bridge addon, then that could be where problem lies in Xenforo related PHP code and not Wordpress. Unfortunately can't help with that as Wordpress setup wasn't tested or intended for as a bridge to Xenforo addon.

If you are using Xenforo wordpress bridge addon, try disabling all forms of caching on Xenforo side i.e. disable Xenforo full page guest html cache, any redis caching etc and see. So try disabling the bridge addon in Xenforo and see.

9. Nik

Nik Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    I don't think the other report confirms use of the bridge addon, waiting to hear back.

So I can successfully get rid of this error by disabling the TH bridge addon. I don't know if the other reports are using it or not. Nothing else in my config has actively changes beyond updates to centmin and various recompiles. What I can confirm back when the post was created was that one of those recompiles resulted in these errors going forward. It's php version agnostic as I've proven personally. Unfortunately I cannot live without XPress and albeit issue was reported to TH a while back they are a shell of their former selves so fully expect that this will never get resolved unless many others report it.

Interested to see if anyone else is running the bridge addon.

I'm not running any caching on the WP side of the integration.

10. SineDave

SineDave New Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    I am also using TH Xpress. Here is the error:

Code:
    [21:51][root@xf.domain.com centminmod]# cd /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/
    [21:51][root@xf.domain.com public]# wp plugin update --all
    Fatal error: Uncaught ErrorException: file_exists(): Unable to find the wrapper "phar" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /root/.wp-cli/packages/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php:394
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'file_exists(): ...', '/root/.wp-cli/p...', 394, Array)
    #1 /root/.wp-cli/packages/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(394): file_exists('phar:///usr/bin...')
    #2 /root/.wp-cli/packages/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(351): Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->findFileWithExtension('XenForo_Error', '.php')
    #3 /root/.wp-cli/packages/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(321): Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->findFile('XenForo_Error')
    #4 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('XenForo_Error')
    #5 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/community/library/XenForo/Application.php(380): spl_autoload_call('XenForo_Error')
    #6 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleException(Object(ErrorException))
    #7 {main}
      thrown in /root/.wp-cli/packages/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 394
    [21:51][root@xf.domain.com public]# 

11. Nik

Nik Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    Interesting. So it is xpress related but why it started breaking after a CM update I do not know.

I logged it already here, you may want to add to it as TH of course incorrectly closed it already so it's taken an effort to relog issues.

WP CLI is Broken by XPress · Issue #597 · Audentio/xlink-issues

12. SineDave

SineDave New Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    @Nik Audentio and I have chatted about this. They are confident it's not their code, but a conflict with another item, but they do have a workaround:

It is possible to manually patch the issue by inserting the following line at the start of <wp_root>/wp-content/plugins/wp-xpress-plugins/thxpress.php, but the patch needs to be performed each time the file is updated:

stream_wrapper_restore('phar');​

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Nik

Nik Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    That's great. Yes I'm confident it's not their issue even though disabling every plugin except for theirs still produces the issue but you know what do I know...

Thank you for coming back with a fix.