Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Become a Member

Nginx PageSpeed .webp files missing? 404

Discussion in 'Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB MySQL' started by joshuah, May 30, 2017.

1. joshuah

joshuah Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Ratings:
    +16
    Local Time:
    8:37 PM
    Hello,

For some reason, a few of my websites are missing images (randomly)... it is broken image, then when I try view the full path of the image on the site, it shows up as 404...

domain.tld/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/xheader-object.png.pagespeed.ic.1Z9IceTHni.webp

That is one example of a broken image.

Any ideas how to fix this or where to start?

2. joshuah

joshuah Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Ratings:
    +16
    Local Time:
    It is mainly an issue on gallery pages where half the thumbnail images are missing 404

3. joshuah

joshuah Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Ratings:
    +16
    Local Time:
    Further information, it is definately a pagespeed issue.. because, the issue only shows in pagespeed compatible browsers (chrome). If I use firefox, the issue is not evident. Furthermore, when I do "pscontrol off" the problem goes away.

4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,139
    Local Time:
    7:37 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    strange one best to enable ngx_pagespeed admin console/message log (outlined in below troubleshooting steps)

You'd have to troubleshoot and tweak it yourself following these guides and info outlined below
    You did enable and uncomment the 3 include lines for ngx_pagespeed in your vhost as per Nginx PageSpeed - CentminMod.com LEMP Nginx web stack for CentOS ?
    Code (Text):
    # ngx_pagespeed & ngx_pagespeed handler
    include /usr/local/nginx/conf/pagespeed.conf;
    include /usr/local/nginx/conf/pagespeedhandler.conf;
    include /usr/local/nginx/conf/pagespeedstatslog.conf;

5. ljseals

ljseals Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Ratings:
    +43
    Local Time:
    4:37 AM
    While I cannot diagnose your problem, I have had problems in Chrome if the content is mixed the pictures would not show up. This deals with having https secure site with unsecure web items. I am not sure if that is your problem though.

About mixed content and how to view it

• Informative Informative x 1