Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

DNS Email Webmail.hostname.tld is it possible?

Discussion in 'Domains, DNS, Email & SSL Certificates' started by ArisC, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ArisC

ArisC Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Ratings:
    +15
    Local Time:
    7:49 PM
    Hello, Im currently using CNAME Method so it is possible to access from webmail.hostname.tld but I would like to use HTTPS and it's only possible with Cloudflare but i dont really want to use Cloudflare.. Im using it only as DNS Provider. It is possible to host a Mail-in-a-Box setup and use MXRoute DNS(Currently my 3rd party email provider)? So I can use Let'sEncrypt...

2. ArisC

ArisC Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Ratings:
    +15
    Local Time:
    The reason i don't want to use CloudFlare is because i dont want to use the share SSL for the hostname.tld if I had the option to use it only for the webmail it would be ok.. I don't want to pay :poop: :p

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +9,784
    Local Time:
    2:49 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    might need to ask cloudflare if a paid dedicated ssl certificate would solve your problems if you don't want shared free ssl cert provided by cloudflare flexible ssl

or use Amazon Route53 DNS, only DNS provider i know that can setup subdomains on separate DNS providers from your main DNS provider Domains - Amazon AWS Route 53 DNS management for subdomains !

I did this when centminmod.com was on DNSMadeEasy while select subdomains *.centminmod.com were using Amazon Route53 DNS

• Like Like x 1
  4. ArisC

ArisC Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Ratings:
    +15
    Local Time:
    I'm using CloudFlare with there shared SSL. I Issued the maindomain.com with Let'sEncrypt, webmail.maindomain.com with CloudFlare SSL and Using CloudFlare DNS and HTTP Proxy... Will auto-renew work for maindomain.com? Because when you issue the certificate A DNS must match Domain & Server IP.. Now that I'm using DNS and HTTP Proxy it doesn't show my server IP as A Record..

Also I will try to host a server with Roundcube and connect it to the 3rd party mail provider.. If it works i will use this method elsewhere i will stick with CloudFlare.