Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

The default Autoptimize lazy load is a little too lazy

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by EckyBrazzz, Jul 7, 2019.

1. EckyBrazzz

EckyBrazzz Active Member

Mar 28, 2018
    >>>>Click here<<<< i'm nearby......
    Ratings:
    +256
    Local Time:
    6:11 PM
    1.17.x
    10.3.x
    I was running several sites with the lazy load function enabled with the Autoptimize plugin, but noticed that it was a little to lazy. My pages loaded OK, but the images really got with a big delay, too lazy. Disabled it and used another lazy load method and even gained 150-200ms in loading time on these sites.

Other users noticed this also ??

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    Local Time:
    7:11 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    I am not using that feature so not wouldn't know :)

what's the other method you using ?

3. EckyBrazzz

EckyBrazzz Active Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Ratings:
    +256
    Local Time:
    1.17.x
    10.3.x
    I used the default that came with a theme from mythemeshop, they have some extra performance options in their so called "command center", but I am still looking for a better solution for it. The Lazy Load option they provide first show "image1", "image2" as text and afterwards the real image, so not exactly perfect as layout.

And with this discovery I'm going to give the PHP-FPM caching another try. Guess my previous experience with the new option has to do with that lazy loading. I noticed a drop down in performance, while that should not be the case, it should be fastest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. EckyBrazzz

EckyBrazzz Active Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Ratings:
    +256
    Local Time:
    1.17.x
    10.3.x
    OK, disabled the setting in the "Command Center" and used the free plugin from WP-Rocket the Lazy Load by WP Rocket
    It gave me 4 request less than before on webpagetest.org and a better loading time. No more extreme Lazy load as before with the image option of Autoptimze. One step closer to the perfect setup.

You can set even on what pages the lazy load should work, set a time to threshold the lazy load and some extra stuff, you can find these setting on the page of the plugin. I only used the image option, not for YouTube or the Iframes & video's options as that messed up my layout.

EDIT: WebP works as before, no problem with that.

Going to continue what's in my footer (22-4) "It's done when it's done. In my case it's never done, it can always be done better.":D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. fabianski

fabianski Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +35
    Local Time:
    interesting to see that this free wp-rocket plugin gives the option to create exclusions but the paid version that I have not (n)