Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Register Now

Thank you centminmod!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by niamniamniam, May 19, 2017.

1. niamniamniam

niamniamniam New Member

May 19, 2017
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    11:08 PM
    MariaDB 10
    I've being lurking this foruns for a couple of months now, but made the account just to thank you @eva2000 !

I've love the speed and the "bleeding edge" of centminmod since first using it, seven or eight months ago.

I used for a magento store and a in house crm on the company I used to work for, and It was awesome, so awesome in fact that I ended buying a small openVZ VPS to play with it. I used just for a wordpress blog and a couple of lead generation wp pages from other clients.

Some marketing guy from a competitor company saw one of those sites, got so impressed with the webp/pagespeed implementation last week that for the first time I got a paying gig hosting a wordpress site.

So deducing the cost of a lowendtalk openVZ vps I've got my first 50 bucks hosting a site for money. Small stuff I know, but was a nice surprise.

Now i'm thinking of making it a bussiness

TLDR; Centminmod made my first $50 hosting a really specialized wordpress site

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +9,767
    Local Time:
    12:08 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    welcome @niamniamniam to Centmin Mod Community and future Centmin Mod Expert :) Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear Centmin Mod has been useful :D

There's 5 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;)

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via

3. deltahf

deltahf Active Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Ratings:
    +149
    Local Time:
    10:08 PM
    This is a great point, and one reason that I love using Centminmod as well. You can tell that @eva2000 truly loves this stuff and wants to ensure that Centminmod is at the absolute forefront of web stack technology. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +9,767
    Local Time:
    12:08 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Indeed it's really why Centmin Mod was developed the way it has been as no other LAMP/LEMP/LNMP web stacks really keep close to the bleeding edge of technology (or even on latest versions) and I want to be able to use the new tech when it's out and not wait months or years :D

FYI, Centmin Mod uses Nginx 1.13 branch mainline as it has ALL bug fixes and security fixes. While Nginx 1.12 stable has only some bug fixes etc. You can see that clearly in Nginx mainline version branch commit history at nginx: log, look at ~5 week ago 1.12 stable release and what's been committed since in 1.13+.

Bleeding Edge = :cool:

upload_2017-5-21_4-46-50.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. niamniamniam

niamniamniam New Member

May 19, 2017
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    11:08 PM
    MariaDB 10
    I've can't remember the actual quote I read from @eva2000 the first time i found centminmod, or where i see it, i think it was on LET, or even here lurkin, "I'm George and I've got the need. The need for speed"
    lol, maybe I dreamed of it?
    Serious tho, awesome work Mr. Liu.
    BTW, I don't know if I should ask here, or on the webp optimise-images one, but do you think that on wordpress i would benefit a small server (less than 1 GB ram) to use the optimise-images.sh method instead of the ngx_pagespeed, the on-the-fly conversion would put some stress on memory if I run it on a website with a lot of querys a minute, not?

If so, how should I do it on wordpress?
    Should I ad something like that on the nginx vhost created with centmin 22?

location /wp-content/uploads {
    #pagespeed off;
    autoindex on;
    add_header X-Robots-Tag "noindex, nofollow";
    location ~* ^/webp/.+\.(png|jpe?g)$ {
    expires 30d;
    add_header Vary "Accept-Encoding";
    add_header Cache-Control "public, no-transform";
    try_files $uri$webp_extension $uri =404;
    }
    }

• Like Like x 1