Join the community today
Register Now

SSL SSL is working fine but no SPDY

Discussion in 'Domains, DNS, Email & SSL Certificates' started by pesof, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pesof

pesof New Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    2:33 AM
    Hi,
    I have just finished my wordpress working and running with Let's encrypt ssl using the
    123.09beta01 addons/acmetool.sh .
    Everything is ok even HTTP/2 except no spdy, and when I check on spdycheck.org it says

SPDY Protocol Not Enabled!
    Seriously? This SSL/TLS server is using the NPN Entension to tell browsers it supports alternative protocols, but SPDY is not a protocol it supports. The server is not making SPDY an option. Since all the pieces are in place, hopefully it will be easy to enable SPDY support with this server.​

so how can I enable SPDY ? or actually is it better to have either SPDY or HTTP/2 or BOTH ?

2. bassie

bassie Active Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Ratings:
    +354
    Local Time:
    12:33 AM
    What for system configuration are you using? As SPDY is not supported by Nginx upstream anymore.

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,297
    Local Time:
    9:33 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Chrome deprecated SPDY and NPN protocol as did Nginx and most browsers in favour of HTTP/2 based HTTPS with ALPN protocol. HTTP/2 is the new SPDY :)

4. pesof

pesof New Member

Oct 3, 2017
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    2:33 AM
    I appreciate your fast response, Just wanted to make sure since this server is going to be live starting today and wanted to make sure.
    I noted every step I did for any noob and I was using vultr, So I am doing a guide in the forums this week :) since there are no noob friendly guides on the forums for a full WordPress deploy.
    Have a good day

• Like Like x 1