Discover Centmin Mod today
Register Now

Wordpress Social Media and protected wp-login.php

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by Fernando, Jul 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Fernando

Fernando Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +25
    Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    Hi,
    I'm setting up a new website and I want to use Social login, the problem is the plugin that I want to use uses the following URL to connect:

https://www.xxxxxx.com/wp-login.php...9aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cubG9xdWV2ZW5kZXMuY29t

So the problem is, for other plugins I know can modify /usr/local/nginx/conf/wpincludes/domain.com and just add something like:

location ~* /wp-content/plugins/xxxxxxxxx {
    include /usr/local/nginx/conf/php.conf;
    }

Wordpress - Social login plugin trouble

But in this case I'm not sure if I need to find another plugin that doesn't use wp-login.php?apsl_login_id.

I don't want to remove the protection to wp-login.php so I want to know if there's any other option?

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +16,000
    Local Time:
    11:11 AM
    Nginx 1.19.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    wp-login.php HTTP password protection is really only suited for single owner/user login wordpress sites. If you have member/users logging in, then you need to disable wp-login.php password protection.

3. Fernando

Fernando Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +25
    Local Time:
    7:11 PM
    Thank you!! Well :( I think I will have to find a different plugin and change the theme code then.
    I have 2 other themes using other Social Login and I can add the exception to /usr/local/nginx/conf/wpincludes/domain.com because they don't use wp-login.php

Thank you for your help! :)