Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Become a Member

Install shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by pamamolf, Mar 9, 2017.

1. pamamolf

pamamolf Well-Known Member

May 31, 2014
    Ratings:
    +394
    Local Time:
    6:40 PM
    Nginx-1.13.x
    MariaDB 10.1.x
    Please fill in any relevant information that applies to you:
    • CentOS Version: CentOS 7 64bit ?
    • Centmin Mod Version Installed:123.09beta01
    • Nginx Version Installed: 1.11.10
    • PHP Version Installed: 5.6.30
    • MariaDB MySQL Version Installed: 10.1.21

Hello :)

I just install with one line installer Centminmod on a vps and all was ok :)

After that i was use menu 23 and then 1 to set the git updates (don't remeber if that is automated and running it again produce my error) and i got this:

Code:
    shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    sh: centmin.sh: No such file or directory
    Then i run menu 23 and then 2 and it was ok with no errors so my error should be related that it was already installed by the one line installer :)

It will be good if yo can handle that error with a better title so we will know what's wrong or even better if it is possible when a user run it for a second time to do a check and warn user about it.... ?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +9,785
    Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    if you use curl installer for 123.09beta01, it auto sets up git environment so no need to run centmin.sh menu option 23 submenu option 1 :)

the error you get is due to centmin.sh menu option 23 submenu option 1 wiping /usr/local/src/centminmod and resetting it up so you need to re-cd into that directory before running centmin.sh

there should be a message to complete update run
    Code (Text):
    cd /usr/local/src/centminmod
    before invoking centmin.sh again

or similar

• Agree Agree x 1