Join the community today
Register Now

sftp Wordpress files with proper permissions

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by Ryan Smith, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith New Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    5:36 AM
    I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it, perhaps someone can give me a link. I just want to upload all my wordpress files using sftp, with easyengine I would give the www-data user a password and just connect to that user account and upload the files. How can I do something similar with Centminmod? I just want to make sure wordpress will have permission to access all the files after upload. Thanks!
    • CentOS Version: 7
    • Centmin Mod Version Installed: 123.09beta01
    • Nginx Version Installed: i.e. 1.11.10
    • PHP Version Installed: i.e. 5.6.30 or 7.0.15
    • MariaDB MySQL Version Installed: i.e. 10.0.21 or 10.1.21
    • When was last time updated Centmin Mod code base ? : i.e. run centmin.sh menu option 23 submenu option 2
    • Persistent Config: Do you have any persistent config file options set in /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc ? You can check via this command:

cat /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc

Post output in CODE tags.

2. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Active Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Ratings:
    +30
    Local Time:
    6:36 AM
    Nginx 1.13.4
    MariaDB 10.1.26
    You should be fine as long as you upload the files as the sftp user that was generated when your vhost was created from Centmin Mod option 2.

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,144
    Local Time:
    7:36 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Each nginx vhost site created via centmin.sh menu options 2, 22 or nv command generate a Pure-ftpd virtual ftp user account which runs via encrypted/explicit TLS based ftp outlined at Pure-FTPD Virtual FTP Users - CentminMod.com LEMP Nginx web stack for CentOS. It's similar but not the same as a system user sftp account like with Easyengine. If you use the Pure-ftpd virtual ftp user account to upload files, it will have the correct permissions for user/group = nginx/nginx.