Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Email root email forward

Discussion in 'Domains, DNS, Email & SSL Certificates' started by ahmed, Apr 25, 2017.

1. ahmed

ahmed Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +21
    Local Time:
    1:51 AM
    Hello

for the forarding address that I will put here:

nano /root/.forward

to get the server emails, what port do I need to open? 25?

also is it important to do that?

does it have a side effect by opening that port?

2. johanguse

johanguse New Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Ratings:
    +3
    Local Time:
    8:51 PM
    Yes 25! It's possible to send this e-mails from centminmod with transactional emails server? Like SparkPost, Mandrill, Sendgrid?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ahmed

ahmed Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +21
    Local Time:
    1:51 AM
    Thanks a lot, looks like google server is not allowing this, I have sendgrid, how to use that with sendgrid please?

4. johanguse

johanguse New Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Ratings:
    +3
    Local Time:
    I want to know too.... maybe editing Postfix but I'm not sure.

5. johanguse

johanguse New Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Ratings:
    +3
    Local Time:
  6. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +9,780
    Local Time:
    9:51 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    what do you want to do ? have emails that are set to root user forwarded to your gmail/google app email address ?

Then all you need is to add gmail/google app email to /root/.forward to use server Postfix SMTP.

Postfix is configured for sending out emails for all domains out of box. So you're all taken care of for any site hosted on your server for Postfix outgoing emails sent from the main host name so emails sent from @mainhost.domain.com. Which is why Getting Started Guide step 1 for proper main hostname DNS configuration is important for properly email delivery via Postfix and also mentioned at Email - Steps to ensure your site/server email doesn't end up in spam inboxes | Centmin Mod Community

However, if you use some web hosts like Vultr they block SMTP port by default until you contact support to unblock you for your account - you may need to provide verification ID for them to unblock your SMTP port. They do this to reduce spam. Once unblocked all future Vultr servers created have SMTP unblocked.

7. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +9,780
    Local Time:
    9:51 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    if you want to setup Postfix relay so all server emails are sent from a 3rd party SMTP server like Sengrid or Amazon SES transactional email, then yes need to follow their postfix relay setup guides. If unsure where a config file is and it was installed via YUM, you can use rpm -ql command to list the YUM packages installed files' locations i.e.

on CentOS 7 postfix yum package list and then grep filter for main.cf to see where it is
    Code (Text):
    rpm -ql postfix | grep main.cf

you get /etc/postfix/main.cf is the file path
    Code (Text):
    rpm -ql postfix | grep main.cf
    /etc/postfix/main.cf
    /usr/libexec/postfix/main.cf
    /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.10.1/main.cf.default