Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Become a Member

Wordpress Redis Question

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by Fernando, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Fernando

Fernando New Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +5
    Local Time:
    8:15 AM
    I have a quick question in regards to Redis caching:

1. Should I follow: Redis - How to install Redis server on Centmin Mod LEMP stack

OR

Can I just use: Redis Nginx Level Caching setting when installing Wordpress using Option 22?

If I use option 22, is there any additional setting that needs to be done?

2. In my previous shared hosting I was using WP Rocket to cache everything + logged in users. I would like to cache logged in users and WP Rocket is capable of doing this.
    I read in a post that you use Redis then WP rocket is not needed, also it was mentioned in EasyEngine forums as well. I really would like to know what would be the best option in terms of speed to cache my site and also logged in users:

- Use Redis OR
    - Use WP Rocket (rocket-nginx)

3. Why if I use Redis then WP Rocket is not needed?

Thank you! :)

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,135
    Local Time:
    12:15 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    If you use Centmin Mod 123.09beta01's version of centmin.sh menu option 22, then steps outlined in how to install redis linked thread are automatically done for you so no need to follow the guide at Redis - How to install Redis server on Centmin Mod LEMP stack :)

Yeah all centmin.sh menu option 22 provided wp cache mechanisms are guest only caching, not for logged in user caching unfortunately. Never used WP Rocket myself so way of automating such and it's a paid plugin IIRC.

3. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,135
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Also would have to clarify what is actually being cached in WP-Rocket for logged in users. Caching so far I am referring to full page static html caching of pages for guests only. Does WP-Rocket cache the full page as static html for logged in members ?

As some plugins are referring to caching for logged in uses as just the WP transient object caching to offload load from mysql database requests i.e. Redis Object Cache or WP Redis cache which are object caching not full page static html caching so are different. If WP-Rocket is only referring to logged in user cacher = WP object cache and NOT full page static html caching, then you can get the same benefits if you used either
    combined with one of offered centmin.sh menu option 22 based guest only full static html caching plugins like wp super cache, keycdn cache enabler or redis nginx level caching.

4. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,135
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    most addiitional steps are outlined at end of centmin.sh menu option 22 run