Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Become a Member

Wordpress Redis Full Cache

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by KinderOvO, May 26, 2016.

1. KinderOvO

KinderOvO Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    8:12 PM
    Hello, I use currently full cache REDIS in wordpress, and I am with the following problem.

MobileDetect use the library in php, to detect whether the visitor's device is Desktop or Mobile, to put my ads.

My problem and does not work in full the same cache caches once and does not identify more.

I wonder if changing to varnish, I have the same problem or have a solution.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,138
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    MobileDetect ?

Both redis cache at nginx level and varnish cache would require further tuning to properly segment mobile vs desktop users and won't do that out of the box. You'd probably have more google sourced how tos for varnish cache compared to redis cache at nginx level though.

I assume you're using redis cache at nginx level as outlined at Redis - How to install Redis server on Centmin Mod LEMP stack | Centmin Mod Community ?

Centmin Mod is provide as is, so short of scripted related bugs or issues, any further optimisation to the web stack components - nginx, php-fpm, mariadb mysql, csf firewall etc or web app specific configurations are left to the Centmin Mod user to deal with. So I do not provide any free support for such tuning for wordpress.

However, Centmin Mod users are free to help each other out and ask questions or give answers on this community forum. My hopes are that this community forum evolves so that more veteran long time Centmin Mod users help new Centmin Mod users out :)

3. KinderOvO

KinderOvO Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    I understand!
    I am using php detect mobile class to detect the User of the device, and how do I use "Wordpress Redis Cache at Nginx Level" the same this identifying all users also appreciate anyone who can help.