Join the community today
Register Now

Problem with Wordpress Autoptimize/Cache Enabler

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by iaTa, Jun 27, 2022.

1. iaTa

iaTa Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Ratings:
    +7
    Local Time:
    10:14 AM
    I host a few Wordpress sites with fully functioning Autoptimize/Cache Enabler but I've not setup a new site for over a year.

On the new site which was configured using 130.00beta01 if I enable optimization of Javascript, CSS or HTML in Autoptmize it shows the following error:

Cache Enabler seems to be setup correctly and all conf files look correct but Autoptimise is not functioning at all.

Have you seen that error before?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +17,483
    Local Time:
    7:14 PM
    Nginx 1.21.x
    MariaDB 10.x
    Don't think that's an error more a notice to remind you that Autoptimize is not for caching and that you need another caching plugin. You can test the site using loader.io start at small 100 user in 100 user increments to see how far your Wordpress site can take load-wise and it's reported average latency i.e. Testing Page Speed With Cloudflare Automatic Signed Exchanges & Google Search Cache - Centmin Mod Blog

If Cache Enabler is working well it should be able to handle large user concurrency with low average latency rates

Besides loader.io can also use command line tools and KeyCDN online TTFB testing tool https://tools.keycdn.com/performance too see my blog example at
    Wordpress Cache Enabler Advanced Full Page Caching Guide - Centmin Mod Blog

You should also be able to check TTFB webpagetest too with https://community.centminmod.com/th...getest-org-for-page-load-speed-testing.13859/

3. iaTa

iaTa Member

Mar 26, 2018
    Ratings:
    +7
    Local Time:
    10:14 AM
    Understood, thank you.

Autoptimise wasn't working so I assumed that was the issue.