Join the community today
Become a Member

Install Problem with create Server Main Hostname Nginx Vhost - AWS EC2

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by hellearth, Sep 4, 2021.

1. hellearth

hellearth New Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Ratings:
    +0
    Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    MariaDB 10
    Please fill in any relevant information that applies to you:
    • CentOS Version: CentOS 7 64bit
    • Centmin Mod Version Installed: 123.09beta01
    Hi everyone. I'm new to Centmin and am having issues setting up a hostname with AWS EC2 with the initial instructions at: https://centminmod.com/getstarted.html#1 .

I cannot restart the network service with the command "service network restart"

I use "systemctl status network.service" get the following message:
    I use "journalctl -xe" get the following message:
    I've tried checking the community data and tried a few tutorials from Google but it didn't fix the error.

The server I installed has IPv6 enabled, is this the cause?

Anyone with experience please help.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +16,575
    Local Time:
    12:26 PM
    Nginx 1.19.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Centmin Mod hasn't really been tested with Amazon EC2. So your mileage will vary.

So with Amazon EC2 servers, you need to configure EC2 firewall security groups Authorizing Inbound Traffic for Your Linux Instances - Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud and Amazon EC2 Security Groups for Linux Instances - Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud. You can see CSF Firewall's minimal open port configuration which you may need to replicate on AWS EC2 security group firewall for inbound connections at CSF - Centmin Mod LEMP stack CSF Firewall default port listing

Is this first time using AWS EC2 ? If so be aware EC2 bandwidth costs are expensive between US$90-120/TB so if you have a uncontrolled bandwidth spike to 10TB you'd be paying 10x90-120 = US$900 to US$1,200 for that !

3. hellearth

hellearth New Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Ratings:
    +0
    Local Time:
    MariaDB 10
    Hi @eva2000

Well this is my first time using EC2. I just checked my cost estimates, bandwidth is a horror if left control. I'm considering using a Lightsail instance for the first few months to monitor before upgrading :(.

I don't use the firewall on my EC2 server at all. I open all ports to install before optimizing it. But the error is still present and not resolved.

Thank you for forewarning the danger.

4. hellearth

hellearth New Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Ratings:
    +0
    Local Time:
    MariaDB 10
    Lightsail overcomes errors easily. It seems that for EC2 everything has to be installed manually. There was a time when I was stressed by AWS's document matrix.

Help me close the topic and delete it in the trash @eva2000 .
    Thank for you support !

5. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +16,575
    Local Time:
    12:26 PM
    Nginx 1.19.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    No need to close topic, it will help other new folks who come across it :)

If you're looking for cheap VPS hosting for Centmin Mod, the following are highly recommended & proven to work with Centmin Mod LEMP web stack - Upcloud - signees also get US$25 credits to use as well, Linode, DigitalOcean and Vultr