Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Register Now

PHP-FPM Php 7.4 install and upgrade fails with Almalinux 8

Discussion in 'Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB MySQL' started by atomi, Sep 28, 2026 at 7:02 AM.

  1. atomi

    atomi Member

    42
    11
    8
    Jul 14, 2018
    Ratings:
    +27
    Local Time:
    10:52 AM
    1.31.x
    10.6
    I was updating nginx and php 7.4.33 with some old server as usual like I have done tens of times but updating php ran into error. Then tried to fresh CMM install in my clean stock Almalinux 8 test server with following command without any persistent config but also that stopped with php compile error
    Code (Text):
    yum -y update; curl -O https://centminmod.com/installer74.sh && chmod 0700 installer74.sh && bash installer74.sh
    

    • CentOS Version: AlmaLinux 8
    • Centmin Mod Version Installed: both 140.00beta01 and 141.00beta01
      Code (Text):
      cminfo versions
      1st:
      140.00beta01.b381 #Sun Sep 27 16:15:45 EDT 2026
      
    • PHP Version Installed: 7.4.33
    • When was last time updated Centmin Mod code base ? : Fresh install and just before upgrade with old server
    • Persistent Config: No

    Here is the part where it stops:
    Code (Text):
    /bin/sh /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile /opt/rh/gcc-toolset-15/root/usr/bin/gcc -DZEND_ENABLE_STATIC_TSRMLS_CACHE=1 -Iext/ffi/ -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/include -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/main -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33 -I/usr/include/valgrind -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/ext/date/lib -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/date/lib -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/enchant -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/imap -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/usr/include/pspell -I/usr/include/editline -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/remi/libzip/include -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/TSRM -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/Zend -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/main -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/Zend -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/TSRM -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -I/usr/include -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -std=gnu17 -fstack-protector-strong -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -DZEND_SIGNALS   -c /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c -o ext/ffi/ffi.lo
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c: In function ‘zend_ffi_free_obj’:
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2318:17: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DL_UNLOAD’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     2318 |                 DL_UNLOAD(ffi->lib);
          |                 ^~~~~~~~~
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c: In function ‘zim_FFI_cdef’:
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2881:26: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DL_LOAD’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     2881 |                 handle = DL_LOAD(ZSTR_VAL(lib));
          |                          ^~~~~~~
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2881:24: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     2881 |                 handle = DL_LOAD(ZSTR_VAL(lib));
          |                        ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2920:48: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DL_FETCH_SYMBOL’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     2920 |                                         addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(name));
          |                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2920:46: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     2920 |                                         addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(name));
          |                                              ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2928:46: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     2928 |                                         addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(mangled_name));
          |                                              ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c: In function ‘zend_ffi_load’:
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:3208:24: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     3208 |                 handle = DL_LOAD(lib);
          |                        ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:3237:38: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     3237 |                                 addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(name));
          |                                      ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:3253:38: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     3253 |                                 addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(mangled_name));
          |                                      ^
    make: *** [Makefile:975: ext/ffi/ffi.lo] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    
    real    0m43.261s
    user    1m14.888s
    sys    0m9.724s
    
    php_configure.inc make install
    /bin/sh /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile /opt/rh/gcc-toolset-15/root/usr/bin/gcc -DZEND_ENABLE_STATIC_TSRMLS_CACHE=1 -Iext/ffi/ -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/include -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/main -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33 -I/usr/include/valgrind -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/ext/date/lib -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/date/lib -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/enchant -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/imap -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/ext/mbstring/libmbfl -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/ext/mbstring/libmbfl/mbfl -I/usr/include/pspell -I/usr/include/editline -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/remi/libzip/include -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/TSRM -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/Zend -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/main -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/Zend -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/TSRM -I/svr-setup/php-7.4.33/fpm-build/  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -I/usr/include -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic -std=gnu17 -fstack-protector-strong -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -DZEND_SIGNALS   -c /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c -o ext/ffi/ffi.lo
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c: In function ‘zend_ffi_free_obj’:
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2318:17: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DL_UNLOAD’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     2318 |                 DL_UNLOAD(ffi->lib);
          |                 ^~~~~~~~~
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c: In function ‘zim_FFI_cdef’:
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2881:26: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DL_LOAD’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     2881 |                 handle = DL_LOAD(ZSTR_VAL(lib));
          |                          ^~~~~~~
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2881:24: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     2881 |                 handle = DL_LOAD(ZSTR_VAL(lib));
          |                        ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2920:48: error: implicit declaration of function ‘DL_FETCH_SYMBOL’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
     2920 |                                         addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(name));
          |                                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2920:46: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     2920 |                                         addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(name));
          |                                              ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:2928:46: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     2928 |                                         addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(mangled_name));
          |                                              ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c: In function ‘zend_ffi_load’:
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:3208:24: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     3208 |                 handle = DL_LOAD(lib);
          |                        ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:3237:38: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     3237 |                                 addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(name));
          |                                      ^
    /svr-setup/php-7.4.33/ext/ffi/ffi.c:3253:38: error: assignment to ‘void *’ from ‘int’ makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     3253 |                                 addr = DL_FETCH_SYMBOL(handle, ZSTR_VAL(mangled_name));
          |                                      ^
    make: *** [Makefile:975: ext/ffi/ffi.lo] Error 1
    
    real    0m0.464s
    user    0m0.380s
    sys    0m0.104s