Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Register Now

Nginx PageSpeed PageSpeed isn't compressing images even with tweaked conf.

Discussion in 'Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB MySQL' started by cr0, Sep 10, 2017.

1. cr0

cr0 Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    2:49 AM
    Well, that's a bit of a hassle, but I did it anyways. Can it be applied globally without having to worry about that? I still see few elements that are missing:

[​IMG]

EDIT: NEVERMIND, CLOUDFLARE CACHING WAS ENABLED

[​IMG]

Thank you a lot for everything!

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,015
    Local Time:
    10:49 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    if you update 123.09beta01 via centmin.sh menu option 23 submenu option 2, then future centmin.sh menu option 22 created wordpress sites will have updated wpsecure template.

centmin mod doesn't modify existing templates automatically as some users customise them after install so automatically doing modifications will break users custom settings

as to missing ones, try clearing cloudflare caches

what's the specific url path as you masked the front part of it so can't see the full path

contact-form-7 would of been covered by so make sure you added /usr/local/nginx/conf/staticfiles.conf include in that location context
    Code (Text):
    # Whitelist Exception for https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
    location ~ ^/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/ {
      include /usr/local/nginx/conf/php.conf;
      include /usr/local/nginx/conf/staticfiles.conf;
      # below include file needs to be manually created at that path and to be uncommented
      # by removing the hash # in front of below line to take effect. This wpwhitelist_common.conf
      # allows you to add commonly shared settings to all wp plugin location matches which
      # whitelist php processing access at /usr/local/nginx/conf/wpincludes/${vhostname}/wpsecure_${vhostname}.conf
      #include /usr/local/nginx/conf/wpincludes/${vhostname}/wpwhitelist_common.conf;
    }

3. cr0

cr0 Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    I updated the post, it was a cloudflare issue because caching was enabled, I forgot that it enables itself after 3 hours in development mode.

Basically the wpsecure template is the same thing that you told me? Just to clarify so I don't have to worry about other plugins.

4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,015
    Local Time:
    10:49 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    yes wpsecure template on centmin.sh menu option 23 submenu option 2 update is same as what you would of edited. You can confirm this if you have a local test vps separately do a 123.09beta01 install and do a test centmin.sh menu option 22 run, and compare that wpsecure include file to your live one. Having a test vps comes in handy for this stuff :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. cr0

cr0 Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    Thank you!

Las thing, I'm still looking up to this issue as pagespeed won't pick up this .css:

[​IMG]

And I can't see anything in logs. Should I wait more?

6. cr0

cr0 Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    Added autoptimize plugin for CSS and JS combining + cloudflare for cookie-free domain. Disabled cache enabler, optimus or EWWW image optimizer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty good. 2.38s load time is a lot for me to load a 1MB website, but whatever...

• Like Like x 1