Join the community today
Become a Member

Newb here looking to develop site no experience!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ljseals, Dec 20, 2016.

1. ljseals

ljseals Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Ratings:
    +43
    Local Time:
    2:38 AM
    Thanks I have absolutely no idea what I am doing but it seems straight forward enough...Looking to getting X-cart running on this mod where is is blazing fast and is able to be backed up. Do not know what I am doing but I am excited and looking for the Lord to help me in this endeavor...

Looking forward to becoming proficient in order to launch my website. God bless you!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ljseals

ljseals Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Ratings:
    +43
    Local Time:
    Oh and I will be using Centos 07 OVH build; I know it is not recommended, but I cannot change the build on my on and 123.09beta01. Being reading and reading....Do not quite understand but I am patient with the Lord's help. Running cheapest OVH VPS SSD as I build my store and will upgrade as traffic builds.

Coming from shared hosting so the command line is a little too much for me but the Lord is God...God bless you!

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,133
    Local Time:
    5:38 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    welcome @ljseals to Centmin Mod Community ! Centmin Mod 123.07 is very very old now and probably broken for nginx and php latest updates !

If you already have 123.07 installed, upgrades don't really make changes to other files needlessly. You really need to try and keep the code/routines that Centmin Mod uses up to date.

You can try the following by backing up the main files first and then do a fresh Centmin Mod code replacement by backing up and moving /usr/local/src/centminmod.

Replace branchname with branch you want either 123.08stable or 123.09beta01. The cp copy commands backup the key files/vhost/ssl etc first
    Code (Text):
    branchname=123.09beta01
    cp -a /etc/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf-old
    cp -a /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf-old
    cp -a /etc/centminmod /etc/centminmod-old
    cp -a /usr/local/nginx/conf /usr/local/nginx/conf-old
    cd /usr/local/src
    mv centminmod centminmod-old
    git clone -b ${branchname} --depth=1 https://github.com/centminmod/centminmod.git centminmod
    cd centminmod
    ./centmin.sh

the last run for centmin.sh syncs any needed changes

then you can compare all the new and old directory and files and transfer them back manually if needed
    Code (Text):
    sdiff /etc/my.cnf /etc/my.cnf-old
    sdiff /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf /usr/local/etc/php-fpm.conf-old
    diff -qr /etc/centminmod /etc/centminmod-old
    diff -qr /usr/local/nginx/conf /usr/local/nginx/conf-old
    diff -qr /usr/local/src/centminmod /usr/local/src/centminmod-old

example if file differs
    Code (Text):
    diff -qr /etc/centminmod /etc/centminmod-old
    Files /etc/centminmod/email-primary.ini and /etc/centminmod-old/email-primary.ini differ

then use sdiff to see what the actual difference is

sdiff side by side view
    Code (Text):
    sdiff /etc/centminmod/email-primary.ini /etc/centminmod-old/email-primary.ini

sdiff side by side view only differences flag -s
    Code (Text):
    sdiff -s /etc/centminmod/email-primary.ini /etc/centminmod-old/email-primary.ini

Code (Text):
    sdiff /etc/centminmod/email-primary.ini /etc/centminmod-old/email-primary.ini
    3                                                             | 1

These steps ensure you're running the latest routines that power Centmin Mod.

If you can post the output of the diff -qr commands, I can tell whether or not there's a better way to ensure some changes persist after Centminn Mod updates i.e. if you can use persistent config file method via /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc etc

There's also a list of other file comparison tools you can use within SSH or locally on own PC listed at List of file comparison tools | Centmin Mod Community For windows I use BeyondCompare

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Premium Membership

• Like Like x 1
  4. ljseals

ljseals Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Ratings:
    +43
    Local Time:
    Thanks, I think you just overwhelmed me....I am a newb... but I did install the 123.09beta01, installing now actually. We will see how it goes.... but I do not know what I am doing but I thank you for the detailed images and walk thru....God bless you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,133
    Local Time:
    5:38 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    oh if you start with 123.09beta01 install first instead of 123.07 stable then you should be much better off to learn :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. SFLC

SFLC Active Member

Dec 4, 2016
    The Canadas
    Ratings:
    +112
    Local Time:
    9:38 AM
    • Like Like x 1