Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Nginx Migrating to CentminMod in progress

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by Umit, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Umit

Umit New Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Ratings:
    +3
    Local Time:
    3:22 AM
    Hi, i am migrating my website to Linode. I installed centminMod and trying to create my first vhost. How can i check the website is running ok without changing the dns. In cpanel, I was able to check https://ip-address/~username-of-the-domain/

how can i do this in nginx?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,430
    Local Time:
    11:22 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Just setup the domains you want via centmin.sh menu option 2 as outlined at Nginx Vhost & NSD DNS Setup - CentminMod.com LEMP Nginx web stack for CentOS They aren't live unless you edit your domain's DNS to point to centminmod server's IP address so will no interfere with your live domain operation.

If you want to preview newdomain.com on new centminmod server without updating DNS, on Windows PC edit your windows HOSTS file at c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts (see guide at Modify your hosts file | Knowledge Center | Rackspace Hosting or install Hostman app HostsMan - abelhadigital.com which can manage the file too and allows easy dns flushing when you make changes to the hosts file.

c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts contents to preview without DNS update
    Code:
    centminmodserver-ip-address newdomain.com
    to disable preview comment it out and flush dns for your system
    Code:
    #centminmodserver-ip-address newdomain.com
    Hostsman app to flush dns and edit the c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file

• Like Like x 1
  3. Umit

Umit New Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Ratings:
    +3
    Local Time:
    3:22 AM
    Thank you.

i created my first website and uploaded the files, changed the dns and website is working but ssl is not. How can i check which step i did wrong? Basically, i installed the centmin mod and just after i added the vhost with ssl option. and i changed newdomain.com.conf-disabled and i commented out the top {}

4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,430
    Local Time:
    11:22 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    • Like Like x 1