Join the community today
Register Now

Nginx Migrating Centmin Over To A New Server

Discussion in 'Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB MySQL' started by skringjer, Mar 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. skringjer

skringjer Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Ratings:
    +29
    Local Time:
    9:49 AM
    Greetings everyone and @eva2000

I am planning to upgrade my server to a better one as the current one can not handle the visitors, i have many confs and performance updates that i have done in my Centmin.

Is there any way that i install Centmin over the new server and have all my confs and sites there, a kind of backup.

Or do i have to do everything again.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +15,711
    Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    If you want to backup data it's same as moving data just you do not update domain DNS on the back up server. So for moving site data there's 2 general guides where the principles & steps of backing up and moving data is the same just slightly different for
    1. Moving Centmin Mod site data to another Centmin Mod server
    2. Moving cPanel/WHM site data to Centmin Mod server
    Those guides move alot more than just the site(s) in question but config files etc. You can use your own best judgement as to the config files and whether you want to move them or just use the fresh server setup Centmin Mod config files as they get auto optimised for the server Centmin Mod initially installed on.

If your old site isn't centmin mod or cpanel/whm based, then those guides won't be 100% applicable. But the general overview of what needs moving and where everything is structured in Centmin Mod LEMP environment is worth reading up on.

Also official site configuration files page explains the Centmin Mod structure of where the important files are so you can decide on what to backup.

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +15,711
    Local Time:
    2:49 PM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    But if you are upgrading your existing server in place i.e. adding more memory/cpu but keeping disk then your data would be intact on memory/cpu upgrades and not require reinstall

4. skringjer

skringjer Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Ratings:
    +29
    Local Time:
    9:49 AM
    @eva2000 Can you please check your email.