Join the community today
Become a Member

Menu 22 Questions

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by Mrbo, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Mrbo

Mrbo Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Ratings:
    +3
    Local Time:
    3:14 AM
    1. If I have Letsencrypt on, should I still choose yes for self-assigned?
    2. What does the wp-login.php password protection do? How is it used if chosen Y?
    3. The autogenerated password for FTP is pretty short, is it ok or should I generate a stronger one? (Previously I used to generate 100 characters and signs with Lastpass. Overkill?)
    4. Why do I have the option "exclude mobile/tablet devices from Cache Enabler caching?", is there any cons of having it on?
    5. Is there any thumb rule for when to to use www or not? I see that this site doesnt use it but google and facebook uses it.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,524
    Local Time:
    6:14 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    1. no need to answer yes as next question would be if letsencrypt ssl cert install is needed
    2. it does the HTTP password popup prompt when you access wp-login.php or wp-admin related urls
    3. you can change pure-ftpd virtual ftp user password as outlined at Pure-FTPD Virtual FTP Users - CentminMod.com LEMP Nginx web stack for CentOS
    4. some styles and wp mobile plugins aren't suited to caching full pages due to how they render differently on mobile vs desktop
    5. not really but future chrome versions remove www. from display in chrome address bar and only seen when you copy and paste url or click in address bar

• Like Like x 1