Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

Local Testing & Port 80

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by Jimmy, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Premium Member Premium Member

Oct 24, 2015
    East Coast USA
    Ratings:
    +555
    Local Time:
    12:17 AM
    1.13.x
    MariaDB 10.1.x
    A few weeks ago I decided to get rid of my dedicated IP address I was using from my ISP. Saved $20 a month as a dedicated IP is $20 a month.

Since then, I noticed my local testing centmin mod kinda slugish... taking longer than it should updating and re-installing.

Reading up I found this information about my ISP.
    So, you think I should pay for the Static IP again? The server is just a local testing server.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +9,784
    Local Time:
    2:17 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    what do you mean local testing ? as in your ISP ip is web publicly accessible too ? or local testing as in virtualbox/vmware guest OS and you connect via local private LAN ips accessible only to you and not entire web ? The latter is what I do, and doesn't require any static IP as I test via private LAN ips ie. 192.168.0.1-255 etc

3. Jimmy

Jimmy Premium Member Premium Member

Oct 24, 2015
    East Coast USA
    Ratings:
    +555
    Local Time:
    12:17 AM
    1.13.x
    MariaDB 10.1.x
    My home IP and a connected dedicated server running CMM. It seemed to be running a lot better when I had the static IP and those ports open by the ISP.

I haven't used it in awhile (since I got rid of my dedi IP). But I need to get it going again for testing. So, I'm trying to determine if I should get the dedi IP again.

Just to be clear, the actual websites running on the box worked great because they were all local (10.0.0.X). CMM is what seemed to be running slow, though I didn't experience any errors.