Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

Sysadmin Litespeed install

Discussion in 'System Administration' started by fabianski, Apr 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. fabianski

fabianski Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +36
    Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    I was looking for some solutions similar to centminmod but with litespeed support to install wordpress and I ended up finding a one click install but it has not been updated for a long time...

litespeedtech/ols1clk

Looking at your changes I saw that @eva2000 participated in the maintenance of this script.
    It looks like your last participation was in 2017. Is not there going to be any more updates? Has it been discontinued?

litespeedtech/ols1clk

I really wanted to transfer my site to the litespeed web server, but I did not want to stop using cmm.

2. fabianski

fabianski Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +36
    Local Time:
    11:44 AM
    I already tested the cyberpanel but it seems to me very poorly optimized and slow

3. steph40

steph40 Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Ratings:
    +31
    Local Time:
    10:44 AM
    mariadb 10
    My opinion is that cyberpanel is the easiest way to install a fairly optimized openlitespeed. But I still prefer centminmod :)

4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +15,805
    Local Time:
    12:44 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    yeah ols1clk seems to be abandon with their focus on cyberpanel for openlitespeed progression

yeah it's not what you use but how you use it so different implementations of openlitespeed can have different performance - i tested cyberpanel openlitespeed last year https://community.centminmod.com/th...7-rc-openlitespeed-vs-centmin-mod-lemp.15211/ though lots of improvements since then in both openlitespeed and cyberpanel developments it seems from their change logs.

But yes cyberpanel probably best way to install openlitespeed if you have no experience with openlitespeed standalone installations.

However, keep on top of security bugs due to many gui panel configurations on the server i.e. cyberpanel rainloop data config file was exposed to public web https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/comment/4120/#Comment_4120 (believe they fixed one security bug now) as openlitespeed only supports apache mod_rewrite/.htaccess rules from vhost config file and not via .htaccess files.
    So if a web app like rainloop uses .htaccess to protect a directory, openlitespeed ignores the .htaccess file leaving the protected directory exposed and accessible to public web. So any web app you upload to a openlitespeed server, ensure it's .htaccess file rules are moved to the site vhost config file as openlitespeed doesn't read the actual .htaccess file itself. Only Litespeed enterprise supports reading the .htaccess files.

Nginx doesn't support .htaccess either so needs converting rules to nginx ones. Centmin Mod also has autoprotect.sh for protection of web apps you upload with .htaccess files of certain types which auto converts them to nginx rewrite rules so there is some protection https://community.centminmod.com/th...ccess-check-migration-to-nginx-deny-all.7308/ and alerts to end users notifying they have .htaccess protected directories that need attention to work with nginx.

Litespeed/Openlitespeed integration into Centmin Mod is on my long term to do list https://community.centminmod.com/threads/centmin-mod-to-do-list.7/ and on Centmin Mod Project dashboard for latest developments in 123.09beta01 and beyond.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  5. KlueMaster

KlueMaster Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Ratings:
    +20
    Local Time:
    8:14 PM
    MariaDB 10
    Hi @eva2000

Did you manage to try OLS integration with CMM yet?

Today I bought another VPS from SSDNodes (blame it on Black Friday sale). Since I wanted to try OLS, so before installing CMM, I've temporarily installed CyberPanel on it. With default LSCache configuration, the speed looks pretty good. Although, the speed worsens if I enable cloudflare proxy.

Tomorrow I'll have to wipe to do a fresh VM installation to give CMM a clean slate to work with. Do let me know if you would like me to try some benchmarks on it.

6. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +15,805
    Local Time:
    12:44 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Nothing that is publicly available for consumption other than private testing as I only release features/stuff that I am willing to provide some form of support for.