Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

LetsEncrypt For Beta Version

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by Qu Don, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Qu Don

Qu Don Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +6
    Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    The impression I got from Reddit was this is a more powerful replacement of Easyengine and Caddy Server.

I have perused the multiple guides well enough but I cant seem to figure out how to get LetsEncrypts ssl. I am installing the beta version assuming it enables LetsEncrypt without sending me to command line!

I initially did an option 22 installation and wasnt getting the green encryption padlock after installation so I thought I might have missed something. I reinstalled CentOs searched for the threads on SSL read as much as I could but still stuck.

While reading on of the threads there was a suggestion to use add my domain name here https://centminmod.com/vhost.php I did that, chose option 2 and then later option 22 to install Wordpress. None of this seems to work

Im reinstalling CentOs again to see how it goes. However, is there a low down dirty easy installation that automatically gives you the SSL anywhere?

Is there a YouTube video that isnt too technical that I can follow through to get this? Theres nothing here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzUilk6O9EYJ2F24hASfNQQ on LetsEncrypt.

Please Help me out!

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,266
    Local Time:
    5:24 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    No videos right now. There's generally 3 ways of setting up HTTPS SSL certificate for Centmin Mod Nginx HTTP/2 based HTTPS. Best way for noobs is method 3 outlined methods for new vhosts how to or the existing vhost hosts how to ;)

Method 1. The traditional way via centmin.sh menu option 2, 22 and selecting yes to self-signed ssl certificates first. Then converting the self-signed ssl certificate to paid or free (Letsencrypt) web browser trusted SSL certificates outlined at How to switch self-signed SSL certificate to paid SSL certificate ? You would still need to follow the same steps outlined at Nginx SPDY SSL Configuration for obtaining and purchasing the paid SSL certificate and most important part is the concatenation of the SSL provider provided filesto create the mentioned /usr/local/nginx/conf/ssl/domaincom/ssl-unified.crt and /usr/local/nginx/conf/ssl/domaincom/ssl-trusted.crtfiles referenced in your Nginx SSL vhost config file.

You may need to also decide if you want to enable HTTP to HTTPS redirect outlined at How to force redirect from HTTP:// to HTTPS:// ?

If you didn't answer yes at time of initial nginx vhost creation to self-signed ssl certificates, you can manually setup the self-signed ssl certificate via the vhost generator by checking self-signed ssl box and enter a domain name. This will outline instructions for manually creating and setting up self-signed ssl certificate and nginx vhost settings. Then for web browser trusted ssl certificates you switch follow - How to switch self-signed SSL certificate to paid SSL certificate ?.

Method 2. Using and testing Centmin Mod 123.09beta01's new addons/acmetool.sh addon which is still in beta testing only for integrating Letsencrypt SSL certificates. And has both auto and manual methods.

Method 3. Fully manual method for free Letsencrypt SSL certificates.

3. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,266
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    oh for wordpress actually need a read method 2 to enable LETSENCRYPT_DETECT='y' then run centmin.sh menu option 22 which will detect letsencrypt support and display the additional letsencrypt prompts

4. Qu Don

Qu Don Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +6
    Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    Thanks a lot, option 3 has images and the commands to guide me through.
    Is it safe to use the beta in production?

5. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,266
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    see post #3 just posted at same time as your reply

I have 160+ servers running 123.09beta01 including this forum for past 12+ months :) 123.09beta01 is beta status due to waiting on me to write up to date documentation for centminmod.com site that's all.