Want to subscribe to topics you're interested in?
Become a Member

Wordpress keycdn enabler vs wp supercache 2018

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by Venucci, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Venucci

Venucci New Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    7:49 AM
    currentyl
    Hi everyone ! I have read something and i am not quiet sure if I understood it correctly I mean the keycdn enabler is a better version of wp supercache in 2018? (scenario1)Or it is only going to work if you have paid for a keycdn ?(scenario 2) or it is going to work better than wp super cache only if you have paid for the keycdn . scenario 3 ? thanks

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,287
    Local Time:
    3:49 PM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Keycdn cache enabler does not require paid keycdn services. It's just called that because cache enabler is developed by keycdn.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Venucci

Venucci New Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    7:49 AM
    currentyl
    thank you ! I have read about it and seems that for less concurrent users the very best option for performance need for speed would be microcaching than keycdn is not it ? i mean the key cdn option is easier for noobs like me but worse in question of performance . If i need to handle lot of concurrent users i must go to redis . Is that correct ? :) thank you for this space of knowledge and your mod . it seems superb . i must learn lot of things but i have a huge library here .

4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,287
    Local Time:
    3:49 PM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    yes microcaching via fastcgi_cache is faster but more problematic and requires a deep understand of both nginx and the web app/script you're using it for i.e. wordpress etc

In context of Wordpress caching for centmin.sh menu option 22 wordpress auto installer for Centmin Mod 123.09beta01 and newer, you have 3 offered wordpress caching options:
    1. Redis Nginx Level Caching - centmin.sh menu option 22 will auto install redis if not detected if you choose this in centmin.sh menu option 22 setup. Otherwise, need to install redis yourself. Best combined with Autoptimize WP plugin
    2. KeyCDN Cache Enabler for full page static html caching (safest choice for balance of performance and reliability). Best combined with Autoptimize WP plugin
    3. WP Super Cache for full page static html caching. Best combined with Autoptimize WP plugin
    1. redis caching at nginx level can be fastest but needs fine tuning and deep understanding of your web app and it's plugins to get right i.e. woocommerce etc. So can be problematic too. Most caching is are for guest caching only.

2. keycdn cache enabler wp plugin - better version of wp super cache for full page static caching of wordpress. Least problematic and closest to set and forget with maybe some tuning needed depending on wp plugins and site configuration. Config is for guest caching only.

And regardless of caching method, having right server(s) hardware and configuration and LEMP stack and system TCP level configurations to handle the traffic is a must otherwise regardless of caching used, it won't scale. So you would want non-OpenVZ based VPS like KVM or dedicated. Choosing OpenVZ VPS will limit your scalability.

FYI, all caching methods = generally higher memory consumption and sometimes higher cache related cpu consumption. The goal of caching in context of wordpress is usually to lessen the load placed on php/php-fpm as that is the weakest part of any LEMP/LAMP setup in terms of scalability. So sometimes caching isn't necessary faster just scales better in high concurrent traffic environments.

You can see centmin.sh menu option 22 wordpress installed demo and benchmarks on my Wordpress7 demo site.

5. JJC84

JJC84 Premium Member Premium Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Ratings:
    +107
    Local Time:
    12:49 AM
    I prefer the Redis option, but I do have a Redis Geek T-shirt and they keep calling me. Maybe I can help though.