Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Register Now

Installing multi site wordpress

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by lileinstein, Jul 10, 2018.

1. lileinstein

lileinstein New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    9:44 PM
    Hi

I've been wasting alot of time and also frustrated. Have also been tried others like virtualmin , cpanel etc.

I want to use centmin properly and protect my site

1) how do I create wordpress sites like how easy engine does? Especially multi sites in same domain . Your option 22 is confusing.

2) how do i easily backup and move wordpress to another system? Should i be using manual Mysql command? As well as manual zip archive ? Permission issues, nginx config ?

3) your wpcli is confusing as well . So does it work properly ? I would like to specify fields and the script runs , just like easyengine

4) can I use webmin to properly manage my system ?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,177
    Local Time:
    11:44 PM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Unfortunately, Centmin Mod centmin.sh option 22 wordpress installer is single wp site only. There's no multi-site support. You'd have to do that type of install manually. Reason is I have no experience with wp multi-site myself so much harder to automate, offer and support such.

Backup wordpress, yes you need to manually backup files in web root /public and mysqldump backup via SSH command line and if moving to another centmin mod server, save nginx vhost and ssl certificates. Full overview of Centmin Mod file/directory structure at Centmin Mod Configuration Files - CentminMod.com LEMP Nginx web stack for CentOS

For letsencrypt ssl certs

If you copy them from /usr/local/nginx/conf/ssl/yourdomain.com directory along with nginx vhost files (/usr/local/nginx/conf/conf.d/yourdomain.com.conf and /usr/local/nginx/conf/conf.d/yourdomain.com.ssl.conf), they will work. One thing is with letsencrypt they need auto renewal as they have 90 day expiry, so you need to setup addons/acmetool.sh via acmeinstall command on new server
    Code (Text):
    ./acmetool.sh acmeinstall

and then copy over the /root/.acme.sh/yourdomain.com directory too which contains the details acme.sh client needs for auto renew cronjobs.

For site data migrations

For moving site data there's 2 general guides where the principles & steps of backing up and moving data is the same just slightly different for
    1. Moving Centmin Mod site data to another Centmin Mod server
    2. Moving cPanel/WHM site data to Centmin Mod server
    Those guides move alot more than just the site(s) in question but config files etc. You can use your own best judgement as to the config files and whether you want to move them or just use the fresh server setup Centmin Mod config files as they get auto optimised for the server Centmin Mod initially installed on.

wp-cli is installed globally from official source at Command line interface for WordPress | WP-CLI so no different to normal wp-cli so you can use wp-cli like you normally would. The commands and options are same as outlined on official site Commands | WordPress Developer Resources.

Code (Text):
    wp --info
    OS:     Linux 2.6.32-042stab128.2 #1 SMP Thu Mar 22 10:58:36 MSK 2018 x86_64
    Shell:  /bin/bash
    PHP binary:     /usr/local/bin/php
    PHP version:    7.2.6
    php.ini used:   /usr/local/lib/php.ini
    WP-CLI root dir:        phar://wp-cli.phar
    WP-CLI vendor dir:      phar://wp-cli.phar/vendor
    WP_CLI phar path:       /root
    WP-CLI packages dir:    /root/.wp-cli/packages/
    WP-CLI global config:
    WP-CLI project config:
    WP-CLI version: 1.5.1

Centmin Mod FAQ item 1