Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Wordpress Installing Buddypress

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by ckr3t, Jun 14, 2019 at 11:05 AM.

1. ckr3t

ckr3t New Member

May 26, 2019
    UK
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    MariaDB 10
    Are there any suggestions that would improve performance specific to Buddypress?
    I'm using Beta version of centmin, php7.3

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +13,697
    Local Time:
    4:33 PM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    haven't used buddypress myself so hard to comment.

you having performance issues or just want to optimize stuff ?

3. fabianski

fabianski Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +17
    Local Time:
    3:33 AM
    probably you will have to serve cached pages for unlogged users and the opposite for logged in users ...
    Also use redis to object cache. You may have to add some exclusions to redis because sometimes it stores cached buddypress notifications, it depends on the theme you use.
    You can also disable some bp functions to improve performance, such as something you do not use, the feed, or gravatar.com profile photos and others

• Like Like x 1
  4. ckr3t

ckr3t New Member

May 26, 2019
    UK
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    7:33 AM
    MariaDB 10
    Thanks guys - I'm trying to figure the best configuration for performance before I get too far along, @fabianski - great advice and something I've been looking in to. I am going to do just that since there is a lot of stuff that isn't really required, and I'm mostly concerned the performance is really good for mobile/tablet users.

I don't think caching is going to be massively helpful, there won't be many static pages, so i guess using Cloudflare is going to cause more problems than it solves? I've been considering benefits of the minifying css, js etc and ngx_pagespeed seems to one of the more useful additions. Image optimiser is a must.

I love open source, Its great having so many choices and options but its also double edge sword, so I'm going with 'less is more' approach. If anyone else have suggestions, I'm all ears!

@eva2000 - Thank you for all your work, you have saved so many of us such ball aches!! (y)

• Like Like x 1