Want more timely Centmin Mod News Updates?
Become a Member

If a web tool like phpmyadmin is provided, I will try again.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dongbak cha, Apr 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. dongbak cha

dongbak cha New Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Ratings:
    +0
    Local Time:
    2:27 PM
    First met
    First met
    Hey, guys.
    I installed Centminmod.
    I thought it was generally good.
    By the way, I tried to install phpmyadmin but it did not succeed.
    I ran the phpmyadmin.sh addon, but nothing changed.
    So I gave up Centmin.
    If a web tool like phpmyadmin is provided, I will try again.
    Thank you.

2. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Active Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Ratings:
    +121
    Local Time:
    2:27 AM
    Nginx 1.13.9
    MariaDB 10.1.31
    Honestly, Centminmod isn't for you if you give up with it right after failing to install a piece of software.

Ask a question, provide details of the problem you're running into and maybe we can help. If we can't help, @eva2000 surely can (y)

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +16,000
    Local Time:
    3:27 PM
    Nginx 1.19.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Welcome @dongbak cha to Centmin Mod Community. If you have issues with phpmyadmin.sh might want to post a new thread with your issues outlined in forum at Add Ons

There's 6 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;)

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Quick Tips

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Security Related Developments

A few security related developments you might be interested reading about

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via

4. robert syputa

robert syputa Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Seattle
    Ratings:
    +46
    Local Time:
    1:27 AM
    latest
    Centminmod is very easy to use and is very well documented. (thanks to eva). However, no server platform stack requires some knowledge to use external Centos/Linux apps such as phpMyAdmin.

You can install phpMyAdmin using instructions found on the web. However, the main objectives of Centminmod is to support a well defined, high-performance server stack for Wordpress. Eva provides this based on his skills, which are, IMO, excellent.

A problem with cPanel/WHM, Virtualmin/Webmin and other control-panel fronted stacks that I have experience with is that they attempt to support a broad number of Linux versions and applications. That causes lack of focus on performance and leads to problems as there are multiple times as many possibilities for conflicts/bugs to occur.

A primary focus is to provide a secure, high-performance server with a reasonable number of options. Support of scripts such as alternative CMS, phpMyAdmin, email list programs, and email stacks are not supported or are minimally supported. That is EVA's choice. Users have the option of installing these on the platform, potentially causing problems or setting up another virtual server.

If you want a Wordpress server, Centminmod is the best there is IMO.

5. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +16,000
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.19.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    That is somewhat true though if you install phpmyadmin via my phpmyadmin.sh at phpmyadmin.sh Addon you will get support and assistance from me if you ask :)

6. robert syputa

robert syputa Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Seattle
    Ratings:
    +46
    Local Time:
    1:27 AM
    latest
    Thanks, I appreciate your support of the app.

7. baoang

baoang New Member

May 4, 2018
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    1:27 PM
    How about adminer? I tried this one-file mysql management software, an alternative of phpMyAdmin, and found it was nice for most cases.

8. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +16,000
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.19.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    don't use adminer myself but @SnowyDane wrote a guide for adminer Adminer - lightweight phpMyAdmin alternative but I choose phpmyadmin for phpmyadmin.sh install as more folks are familiar with it and I secure and lock down tight phpmyadmin installs via phpmyadmin.sh installer.