Join the community today
Become a Member

Wordpress I installed CentMin, but I'm lost with so much guides!

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by cr0, Aug 21, 2017.

1. cr0

cr0 Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    8:28 PM
    I'm as lost as a fish on the land and I'm sorry for such stupid questions. BUT HEY, you're an amazing community and I'm really grateful for what you do, please keep it up!

[​IMG]

This was my initial plan for setting up WordPress, but I stumbled upon CentMin and thought that it is not necessary.

Now I'm not sure if the latest beta release 09 has already everything configured for blazing fast WordPress website. It doesn't need to have Varnish I guess.

Then I got lost with so much guides (which are old or unorganized too) and modules!

My questions are:

Is everything configured already when I'm installing wordpress stack from CentMin?

Is there pagespeed, gzip compression and so on already or I have to do it by myself? Is it even a good idea to have these?

Which of these do I need? Which are already activated and do I have to configure them? Do I need something else?
    • Varnish + ESI
    • FastCGI
    • Pagespeed
    • Zen OpCache
    • Redis / Memcache
    • XtraDB tables
    My main concern is server response time, which was 2.4 secs with the past LAMP stack on ubuntu 16.04 x64 at DigitalOcean.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful, amazing day!

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,266
    Local Time:
    5:28 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Welcome reply has alot of getting started info at https://community.centminmod.com/threads/hey.12611/#post-53542 ;)

Centmin Mod 123.09beta01's centmin.sh menu option 22 wordpress auto installer can take care of your wordpress site setup Wordpress Nginx Auto Installer (WP Super Cache) and more secure than doing manual wordpress install yourself.
    • Varnish cache you need to configure and setup yourself
    • FastCGI meaning PHP-FPM ? That is setup by default but if you mean fastcgi_cache, you need to set that up yourself
    • Nginx pagespeed see below
    • PHP Zend OpCache, installed by default
    • Memcache, Memcached and Redis PHP extensions installed by default but only Memcached server installed by default. For redis server see https://community.centminmod.com/threads/how-to-install-redis-server-on-centmin-mod-lemp-stack.4546/. If you run centmin.sh menu option 22 wordpress installer in 123.09beta01 you get choice of 3 preconfigured wp caching methods, wp super cache, keycdn cache enabler both are full static html wp page cachers and also redis at nginx level which can auto install redis server as per that how to install thread outline.
    • XtraDB tables, are MariaDB 10 default for InnoDB via XtraDB plugin
    FYI, 123.08stable no longer works with ngx_pagespeed, you need to update to 123.09beta01 for ngx_pagespeed. See news thread at Nginx 1.9.11 dynamic module compatibility. 123.08stable has disabled ngx_pagespeed and lua nginx modules due to incompatibility with nginx 1.9.11 dynamic modules.

If you want ngx_pagespeed for now you need to update Centmin Mod to 123.09beta01 outlined here Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing

With 123.09beta01, set in /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc persistent config file you create or already created and set:
    Code (Text):
    NGINX_PAGESPEED=y
    NGXDYNAMIC_NGXPAGESPEED=y

and then recompile Nginx 1.13.4+ or higher via centmin.sh menu option 4

Then tweak pagespeed.conf for your site and troubleshoot. Here's some links for examples and help
    1. https://centminmod.com/nginx_ngx_pagespeed.htm
    2. Nginx PageSpeed - This forum's pagespeed.conf | Centmin Mod Community
    3. Nginx PageSpeed - Nginx Pagespeed Troubleshooting steps | Centmin Mod Community
    4. Nginx, PHP-FPM & MariaDB MySQL | Centmin Mod Community
    5. Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions | Centmin Mod Community

• Like Like x 2
  3. sfs00784

sfs00784 New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Ratings:
    +9
    Local Time:
    3:28 AM
  4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member