Discover Centmin Mod today
Register Now

Wordpress How to remove redis caching for Wordpress centmin.sh menu option 22?

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by redbird, Mar 20, 2018.

1. redbird

redbird Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Web
    Ratings:
    +16
    Local Time:
    9:01 AM
    I installed the wordpress with option 22 along with redis server to test things.

How do I now completely remove redis from the server as we won't be using it?

Thanks.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +11,478
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    You'll have to manually remove and/or comment out the redis related entries in your domain nginx vhost file either or both domain.com.conf or domain.com.ssl.conf in /usr/local/nginx/conf/conf.d.

If switching to other offered caching via centmin.sh menu option 22 i.e. wp supercache or recommended keycdn cache enabler. Easiest way is to run a tests dummy domain run of centmin.sh menu option 22 with your desired alternative caching from centmin.sh menu option 22 i.e. for testdummy.domain.com and then inspect that testdummy.domain.com.conf and/or testdummy.domain.com.ssl.conf entries and see what needs change in your live domain.com.conf or domain.com.ssl.conf.

If it's test site with no data just removing entire vhost and site is an option too. To properly remove an Nginx vhost the instructions are on official site at How to delete Nginx vhost account for existing domain/subdomain ? as well as on each Nginx vhost creation's ending output too lists the commands.

You also get a log file for each Nginx vhost created which also lists the commands in 123.09beta01 and higher example for http2.domain.com remove log at /root/centminlogs/centminmod_140218-021218_nginx_addvhost_nv-remove-cmds-http2.domain.com.log
    Code (Text):
    ls -lahrt /root/centminlogs/ | grep remove
    -rw-r--r--   1 root root 1.3K Feb 14 02:12 centminmod_140218-021218_nginx_addvhost_nv-remove-cmds-http2.domain.com.log

If it's none of the above so not test site so need to keep and just remove/commenting out redis caching, then you'll need to remove redis related entries in your vhost. So for example redis cached wordpress via centmin.sh menu option 22 means removing or commenting from your nginx vhost the following lines.

Example domain is testredis.domain.com with entries commented out
    Code (Text):
    #  include /usr/local/nginx/conf/wpincludes/testredis.domain.com/rediscache_testredis.domain.com.conf; 

every reference to include /usr/local/nginx/conf/php-rediscache.conf commented out and replaced with default
    Code (Text):
    #include /usr/local/nginx/conf/php-rediscache.conf;
    include /usr/local/nginx/conf/php.conf;

Then test nginx conf and restart nginx and php-fpm
    Code (Text):
    nginx -t
    nprestart

3. redbird

redbird Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Web
    Ratings:
    +16
    Local Time:
    George, thanks for the reply. I understand that nginx conf needs to be edited not to use redis.

But how do I remove redis from the server completely, so it does not run by itself? What's the path to it? Where is it installed?

Thanks.

4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +11,478
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Code (Text):