Join the community today
Register Now

WebPerf PageSpeed how can i centmin configure the TTFB to be better.

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Performance' started by Max, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Max

Max Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Ratings:
    +7
    Local Time:
    3:11 PM
    Hello

how can i centmin configure the TTFB to be better.
    at the moment mostly have 400 to 1000ms TTFB
    Rumtreiberin.com

tips?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,408
    Local Time:
    12:11 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
  3. robert syputa

robert syputa Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Seattle
    Ratings:
    +38
    Local Time:
    10:11 AM
    latest
    Good advice. Follow eva's optimization guidelines for the server and for WP cache and images. From my experience, TTFP is very dependent on several factors such as how the cache is optimized which can considerably reduce the number of roundtrip requests-responses. Image cache is covered in Eva's and other's posts. Some of the most popular and money-making websites pop up with a partially populated page while some images, ie. those not scrolled to, remain to be filled. The server can help by optimizing its responses to requests to the database and content including cache, but that does not necessarily address the end-to-end response time because, as eva says, that is highly dependent on how far away the server and cached data is. If the content is static vs. dynamic also impacts TTFP. If dynamic, then images and other parts that don't change can be cached closer to users. If your site competes for commerce or is an active blog, social network/community site, then you may need to use a remote distributed/edge CDN, content delivery network, cache that fetches content at multiple locations across the countries/regions you serve.

Having said that, this is a constant learning process that is partly taking what others have found to work and partly your own trial and error... at least that is how I find (struggle with) the issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JJC84

JJC84 Premium Member Premium Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Ratings:
    +154
    Local Time:
    9:11 AM
    1.15.x
    10.1.x
    This may not be the information that you are looking for but your site has very high performance. You may be able to squeeze a little bit of performance by serving webp instead of jpeg or maybe deferring some of the javascript if that doesn't break the functionality. Bit if you're really just curious i'm open to discuss performance ranging from time to first byte through total load as it is a topic I am very much interested in but I think at this point you're better off focusing on other gains you can make for your website whatever your goal is traffic, conversions, etc...

• Informative Informative x 1