Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Register Now

High Performance Webserver with Centmin: How to guide

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by Alcides, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Alcides

Alcides New Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    4:08 AM
    Hello!

I would like to setup a very fast webserver. I only use wordpress and mautic.

My setup is: A [CentOS 7, Linode VPS, 8GB RAM, 4 Cores] with Centmin Mod installed as following:

-------
    yum -y update; curl -O https://centminmod.com/betainstaller7.sh && chmod 0700 betainstaller7.sh && bash betainstaller7.sh
    -------

My Doubt is: Is this straigh forward install able to use all the hardware capabilities/resources available without any custom setup?

Some more objective question:
    1 - Are MariaDB and PHP-FPM setup for using all the Processor Cores with Multithreading?
    2 - Are the use of RAM automatically optimized for better cache performance for MariaDB, Mencached, OPCache and etc?

Is Centmin able to optimize and custom the setups automatically?
    I am asking it because I have read several times people saing that the proposal of centminmod is to use with very small VPS.

Could you please someone clarify it?

Thanks,

Alcides

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,275
    Local Time:
    4:08 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    Centmin Mod 123.09beta01+ and higher takes the manual work out of the process and fully automates most of install, configuration, base optimisation and best recommended practices and settings for CentOS, Nginx, MariaDB MySQL, PHP, CSF Firewall security and other installed software. Auto optimisation is made based on detected system cpu, memory and disk resources at time of initial install (detected cpu threads, memory free/installed and disk i/o performance). So yes optimised for the server. However, optimisation for your specific web app requirements is something separate and left for end users like yourself to tune up i.e. for memcached and zend opcache memory allocation needs of your web apps and any adjustments for mariadb mysql usage requirements for your web apps.

• Winner Winner x 1