Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Register Now

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kilotig, Nov 30, 2018.

1. kilotig

kilotig New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    1:34 AM
    I'm a noob at managing websites on my own. I've tried cPanel and Plesk and I still find them hard to use and they feel bloated. I came across Centinmod from a reputable hosting company and I love it. I will keep my production sites with them. For my learning opportunity, I took the daunting task of trying it myself. I opened an account in Linode, installed CentOs, and ran the simple curl command. I felt awesome how easy it was to install. Thanks for making Centminmod less intimidating to even non-developers.

2. kilotig

kilotig New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    I'm not sure where to post this question. For now, I will place it here. I have installed a WP site on Linode using Centminmod. When I'm about to log in to the admin area (wp-login.php), I don't know why it was asking me to input a username and a password. Where can I get this information? Thank you.

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,521
    Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    welcome @kilotig to Centmin Mod Community and glad to hear Centmin Mod is working for you. For your wordpress blog questions best to post in forum at Blogs & CMS usage. I'll copy your post over to a new thread in that forum.

There's 6 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;)

Might also be interested in reading up on latest LEMP stack comparison benchmarks tagged here.

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Quick Tips

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Security Related Developments

A few security related developments you might be interested reading about

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via

4. kilotig

kilotig New Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    Thank you eva2000 for the welcome. I can't wait to learn and hopefully share what I have learned to the community.

• Like Like x 1