Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Register Now

Hi there!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FluxTux, Oct 10, 2019.

1. FluxTux

FluxTux New Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    I'm new here and beeen sort of eavesdropping trying to work things out on my own so this is my first post here.

Overall - it's been great trying out CMM though its a bit of a curve :)

Now I've heover stumbled into an issue I cannot figure out - this probably needed to go into the SSL/domain forum but seems I cannot post there yet.

Not sure how to proceed - so I try to post it here instead. The Eva2000 must advise on whether to move this once I hopefully get options of posting where relevant :)

---

I've crash-tested some settings and have run into an issue with my SSL cert on a specific domain that I hope some kind folks here can help me resolve.

My setup is as follows:

Running latest version of CMM I've installed WP + SSL cert for the domain using CMM + acmetool via option 22).

Additionally, I've setup Cloudflare as proxy running a SSL cert (Full mode) and to prevent IP leaks added I enabled "Authenticated Origin Pulls" via CF.

Beforehand, I whitelisted Cloudflare IPs on the server following the CMM guide (dont have link at hand).

Everything worked fine out of the box after setting it up.

As I'm in a learning process with CMM I however soon realised that with this setup I can not simply toggle the Cloudflare cloud icon to grey (=inactive) in the DNS settings thus bypassing CF and test the site directly (I have now sort of realised that's the point of the setup)

Anyway, as I wanted to test domain/servers performance both with and without an active CF proxy I then tried to rollback the AOP setup simply by reversing the steps in the AUP setup process (= at the server recommenting/inactivating the two CF lines in the SSL cert + in CF toggle AOP inactive for the domain in question)

However, this simply resulted in a persistent "400 Bad Request - No required SSL certificate was sent" error whenever I try to access the domain.

The not so great outcome is that the error seems utterly persistent. I cannot seem to overcome it by redoing the AOP setup process (reactivating the 2 CF lines in the SSL cert + toggle AOP active in the CF backend).

I've tried restarting Nginx + other server services. Tried rebooting the server. I don't have a clue as to how I can resolve this.

The server is all updated running latests CMM Beta branch.

Any and all help from Eva2000 and others with knowledge in this area would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

P.s. home alone with 2 small kids so forgive me if I do not reply right away .-)

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,431
    Local Time:
    12:18 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    welcome @FluxTux to Centmin Mod Community. Once you introduced yourself, you get automatic posting rights to the rest of the forum :) So best to post your question/issues at Domains, DNS, Email & SSL Certificates now :)

There's 6 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;) And to modifying config files and manage services more quickly, check out Centmin Mod Command Shortcuts.

Might also be interested in reading up on latest LEMP stack comparison benchmarks tagged here.

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Quick Tips

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Security Related Developments

A few security related developments you might be interested reading about

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via

• Like Like x 1
  3. FluxTux

FluxTux New Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    4:18 PM
    Thanks @eva2000 - happy to be here! :)

Part of the issue seem to have sorted itself out while I was away. I'll post a followup with my case and a few questions to hopefully harvest at bit of insight into the matter as I'm honestly a bit insecure bout this part.

Anyway, thanks for an awesome effort in regards to CMM and the community here. Impressed that you can juggle so much... and man - CMM sure makes WP fly!!!

I'm on step 7/21 of the startguide and looking forward to familiarise myself further! As I noted CMM is a fun although a bit overwhelming journey at times. Have my mind set on getting the hang of it as I sure it's worth the efforts. So I'm quite curious about the LMS project you're looking into in regards to certifications etc. I've faved the thread - who knows - maybe someday...

Anyway - thanks again (y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJC84

JJC84 Premium Member Premium Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Ratings:
    +156
    Local Time:
    9:18 AM
    1.15.x
    10.1.x
    Welcome, @FluxTux ! And by seeing this thread I'm sure now that I posted my last thread in the wrong section of the forums again! Well anyway great to see a new member around and I hope you enjoy the community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,431
    Local Time:
    12:18 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Yeah nice reminder on your learning journey at Attention Future Centmin Mod Experts ! :)

Thanks for kind words - performance of Centmin Mod is a high priority as is Wordpress page speed :)

• Like Like x 1