Discover Centmin Mod today
Register Now

Hi I am Pierce and Im addicted to..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pierce, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Pierce

Pierce Premium Member Premium Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    6:19 AM
    Centminmod.

After years of configuring servers its so nice to just paste a command come back in 30 min and the whole thing is done ready to rock. Even for large sites minimal config is required.

upload_2018-1-31_17-7-43.png

Xf2.0 Site is fairly seasonal so that is normal.

Moving from DEB to RPM hell has been an experience, but a good one.

I have 3 servers running centmin.

Currently, and my reason for posting is that I have setup MailCow behind CentMinMod installation but need help with a few elements (like CSF, currently csf -x...).

I chose mailcow over mail in a box because of the progress with mailinabox seems to be lacking, its also only supports Ubuntu 14.x lts.. and with 16 out and 18 coming its hard to find a host.

Mailcow is docker which i have not used. But after struggling with it, its not that bad. Also because its docker it works (should work) on anything.

I've moved my email server from Windows based mdaemon to mailcow because of cost. £400 a year is too expensive on top of the cost of the server.

So far moving has been easy. Also the guides with MailCow for dns settings has been excellent.

upload_2018-1-31_17-6-11.png

Looking forward to writing this tutorial and getting the last bits together with the help of the community.

Pierce

• Like Like x 3
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,536
    Local Time:
    4:19 PM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    welcome @Pierce to Centmin Mod Community. Lovely seeing the benefits of Centmin Mod to it's users :) Mailcow looks interesting indeed :)

There's 6 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;)

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Quick Tips

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Security Related Developments

A few security related developments you might be interested reading about

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via