Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Hi everybody

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rdurty2, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Rdurty2

Rdurty2 Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Ratings:
    +12
    Local Time:
    9:30 PM
    Just a quick little introduction. I've been running forums for around 13 years now, helping others with their forum configurations/install and running my own forum. Started out back in 2002 with vBulletin. Last year I saw the light and jumped ship to Xenforo. I've been running Xenforo around 6 months now and am absolutely loving it.

Along with having lots of forum knowledge I also work in the IT field. For my forum I have always used shared hosting and have been using URLJet for many years now. While I have had no issue's with their service and am grandfathered in to very cheap rates I love to tinker. I know the basic's of sys admin work but want to learn more and this is where my idea has come to eventually leave URLJet for Linode.

I signed up with a 1024mb Linode plan today and obviously plan to install and use CentminMod. I have a lot of learning ahead of me and have been reading through this forum for many weeks and decided it's finally time to get my feet wet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,413
    Local Time:
    12:30 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    welcome @Rdurty2 to Centmin Mod Community :)

Looks like you followed a similar track of experience as me too - vBulletin since 2000 and then I started this Xenforo based forum last year near end of May 2014 :)

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:
    Premium Membership