Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Become a Member

Hi Centminmod community - another happy camper here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by robert syputa, Mar 6, 2018.

1. robert syputa

robert syputa New Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    I started using Centminmod about two months ago. MY first install is on a KVM VPS with 3 cores, 8 GB memory, Centos 7.x (latest). I have Wordpress installed on the standard centminmod stack with Memcached, ioncube (required by one WP plugin). Thus far, I have read on optimization but have stuck with the out of the box centminmod setup with application optimization within WP.

I very much like the way centminmod is built - it appears that the choices have been logical and aimed at providing clean upgrades and ease of management. The only issues I have had is temporary crashing of Wordpress due to upgrades. That appears to be caused by cache but that is an assumption based on the fact that this is temporary, not because of tracing it to cache issues. Often a reboot has fixed it... brute force approach.

The documentation and board support is among the best. One problem I find with server/web platforms is that getting to the right information can get bogged down by the volume of board posts and official documentation. EVA does a great job in documenting. However, one suggestion is that board members occasionally volunteer to provide summaries with action to fix, if that is appropriate, for long topics.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    8:18 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    welcome @robert syputa to Centmin Mod Community and Centmin Mod. Thanks for the feedback. Depending on the Wordpress caching method, you generally should be able to workaround wp updates and caching with just restart nginx + php-fpm and doing a ctrl+f5 hard refresh in your web browser. Rebooting server should never be needed :)

Reading the solution in the context of what is discussed is a really part of better understanding the problem and solution too. Getting directly to the solution doesn't usually help folks learn about what the problem was and why the solution is what is it. Also sometimes the solution for one person might not be the same for another person so the context within the discussion may help the user arrive at a different solution discussed :) With Linux there is usually more than one right way to fix a problem - and the various methods might be located in the discussion itself :D

There's 6 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;)

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Quick Tips

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Security Related Developments

A few security related developments you might be interested reading about

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via
  3. JJC84

JJC84 Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Local Time:
    5:18 AM
    Welcome to the community! It is always great to have more users like yourself. Cheers!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. deltahf

deltahf Premium Member Premium Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Local Time:
    6:18 AM
    • Like Like x 1