Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Become a Member

Hello future.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Colin, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Colin

Colin Premium Member Premium Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Sheffield UK
    Ratings:
    +87
    Local Time:
    11:36 AM
    1.11.#
    MariaDB 10.1.#
    I was busily preparing ansible scripts of what I've done by hand many times over for many years. But never enough times to warrant puppet or chef.

Trying to fix a nginx config I kind of knew must of been done before and I found the answer in a github file, and here I am.

Hi guys, I'm a dangerous level admin, I know enough to break a system and not enough to fix it :D < Not a true story, yet.

So rather than reinvent the wheel, I archived the ansible scripts and hit CentminMod and I like it.

I'll be using it in real anger for a small php based site. But that's the only php I have, so a trusted install/config to stand on is 'brilliant' replacing a litespeed ent setup.

Otherwise it will be for rails and phoenix projects on a spread of VPS sizes just to standardise how I do it. I might use ansible to automate install kick off ;)

Another big plus is handing/opening the server admin up to a second admin it's a 'framework', so no oddity, good docs etc.

Thank you for the work and investment on this. I've never used centos in anger, so here's to the new danger zone :astronaut:

Colin.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,394
    Local Time:
    9:36 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    welcome @Colin to Centmin Mod Community

haha nice intro :D

Ansible user huh @jeffwidman actually posted his Ansible centminmod scripts at Ansible roles for installing/configuring Centminmod | Centmin Mod Community Unfortunately, I'm an not an Ansible user so shell scripting it is :D

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

• Informative Informative x 1