Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Wordpress Has anyone tried Oxygen page builder?

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by KlueMaster, Jan 17, 2020.

1. KlueMaster

KlueMaster Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Ratings:
    +20
    Local Time:
    11:34 PM
    MariaDB 10
    Hello,

I've been looking at a sample wordpress website given to me by client as the base design for a new web site that I've to design for them. I couldn't locate the theme for the website, and then realized that all visual elements are actually powered by the plugin. The site appears to be built using Oxygen page builder. I was blown away by the load speed though.

Has anyone here tried Oxygen builder? Want to know how does it remove the theme from the picture? Also, how's your experience and would you recommend it over other page builders? I've been using Flatsome theme (UX Builder) so far for most of my projects, and Shopkeeper theme (WP Bakery page builder) for the remaining.

Thanks!

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +15,715
    Local Time:
    4:04 AM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
  3. Khairul

Khairul New Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Ratings:
    +5
    Local Time:
    2:04 AM
    MariaDB 10
    Yes I have, and am currently converting all my Elementor Pro based websites to Oxygen :D

Aside from the cons @eva2000 listed, the most advantage Oxygen Builder have compared to other builder is the performance.

For example one of my website with Elementor Pro fully loaded is around 3.5MB - and that is after tweaking with Clearfy Asset Manager. The same design with Oxygen Builder weight less than 1MB.

First time I got a score of 90 above for most of the pages mobile and desktop in Google Pagespeed Insight - before it was around 60 with Elementor Pro.

About the theme, Oxygen Builder use a templating system - kind of like Elementor Pro or Beaver Themer. You can design your own header, footer or any element/section and set it to display through the entire website or any page/post type/archive/taxonomy/front page/blog index etc.

Another wonderful feature is the global CSS class. This feature enable you to add any custom class and use it throughout the entire website - can't do that with other page builder.

There's also the repeater element that enable you to design the WordPress loop with any design you can imagine. With elementor you have to install extra plugin, which come with added bloat.

It also work great with CPT like Toolset and it is really developer friendly if you like to tinker with CSS and WordPress functions.

However, if you are coming from page builder such as Elementor, Beaver, or using other theme customizer - there will be a steep learning curve. You might get frustrated - but please don't.

Trust me, it'll be worth it. :D

You can try it yourself @ the Oxygen Sandbox - — Try - Oxygen

4. KlueMaster

KlueMaster Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Ratings:
    +20
    Local Time:
    MariaDB 10
    So after careful consideration, I decided to give it a pass. Although it would be good for the cases where you want to create a largely static WordPress site, or to customize WooCommerce single product templates, but plugin integration is not going to work out of the box in most cases. So, any plugin based styling is dubious, and you may have to redo it yourself.

It is specially problematic when you need product variation attribute swatches, and uber menu on almost all sites. Even the +/- button around quantity wouldn't be a simple thing here, as the theme is removed from the picture completely.

5. Franklin Zed

Franklin Zed New Member

Jan 29, 2020
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    At the moment, I see Oxygen UI as very limited in terms of user-friendliness. You have to make a lot of clicks to get to your destination. Also, the left sidebar is very restless. You always have to click back and forth to reach the goal. And the continually opening and closing accordion menu makes me crazy.