Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Good to be here after long time

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hnit, Jun 22, 2017.

1. hnit

hnit New Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    1:15 AM
    Hi, so as you may notice. I have been lurking around for a while now and never made an intro post. It was because all this Linux, LEMP, mods, .sh stuff was too complicated for me. It still is, and the best part is that I'm just starting out.

Before getting my VPS, I have always been on a shared hosting which has a cPanel, so my life was incredibly easy (and boring). Now my brain is dead o_O

There's a lot I would like to learn from people here. To be honest, I find this community more active than TAZ or XF's forum.

Currently Sitting at the airport while writing this, I'm afraid I will have to go soon, so I'll leave a short introduction about me and get my ass moving :sorry:

I'm a Graphic / Motion Designer; I'm 21 based out of <insert country here>, I have a year of work experience in an Ad Agency which I resigned a few months back. Now working my way towards immigration to <nsert another country here> because my <insert country name here> kinda sucks and doesn't value designs/art.

I was a basketball player in my School Days <- :banghead: (I just HAD to do it! pardon that)

Guess my time's up now. I will be back in a few days with tons of questions (n00b-ish)

Nice to be here. I have read all the FAQs and guides (whatever I understood; I TRIED OKAY :cry: I'm new. Arrgg), and have successfully spent 14 hours with 100% concentration and moved my site and database (with million googles), and now I am a little bit more confident.

I hope you don't mind my questions and guide me to be the next Centmin Mod Expert

btw, I know how to use nano and vim now :oops:

See you around. I'm off

• Like Like x 3
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,418
    Local Time:
    5:45 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    welcome @hnit to Centmin Mod Community. Centmin Mod and linux system administration! Below is standard welcome text and i am sure you will learn a lot on this forum as it's jam packed with info :)

There's 5 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;)

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. KeVo

KeVo Active Member

May 28, 2014
    Ratings:
    +100
    Local Time:
    1:45 PM
    1.11.x
    Nano is amazing. :D

Welcome to the Centminmod community and ask away. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. hnit

hnit New Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Ratings:
    +4
    Local Time:
    1:15 AM
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1