Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Become a Member

eva2000 - centminmod project - I'm just amazed by your work!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by snicolas68, Mar 3, 2018.

1. snicolas68

snicolas68 New Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    3:09 PM
    Hello,

I'm mostly using Debian based GNU/Linux operating systems for servers and archlinux for my desktop computer and never really got my hands into CentOS/Fedora distributions as it's not easy to learn everything and you have to make choises on which software you want to go with and evolve.

Then, I discovered the CentMinMod project and since, tried many installations and have to admit that you are a true leader and really active. The documentation is clear and covers almost any topics.

I started with easyengine, mostly for hosting WordPress websites, but this project is outdated, the communication bad with annoucements of a new release but when a project gets stuck for many months/years, it is hard to rely on it. I tried many solutions on a dedicated soyoustart web server, on cloud instances like Plesk, Proxmox, and so on as I really like servers related stuffs.

Currently, I don't have any live sites, and servers are mostly a hobby: I try, I install, but as I can't decide myself for a project, it never goes further.

Anyway, I was asking myself several times that it could be interesting for the community to translate your project, documentation in French for the benefit of all but I don't know under which way: a website? Translating here? Or a more generalistic website around hosting solutions with dedicated categories regarding projects like centminmod?

Anyway, as soon as I'll define some projects running on centminmod, I'll take a premium membership not for the benefits it offer, but just to support you ;) Just need some ideas... so if someone here needs help or has some advices, it could help me to start something.

Thank you and greetings from France.

• Like Like x 2
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,538
    Local Time:
    12:09 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    welcome @snicolas68 to Centmin Mod Community, Centmin Mod and CentOS. Thanks for the kind words and any financial support is appreciated to keep the lights on Ways To Support Centmin Mod :)

Haven't really thought about translation for Centmin Mod related documentation/web site etc with English as my first language. Centmin Mod is also at a crossroads documentation wise as Centmin Mod 123.09beta01 work to stable release is currently only held back by my need to update all site and forum documentation for the new features Centmin Mod 123.09beta01 offer - change log and dev dashboard at 123.09beta01 Development Previews & Work · GitHub. So any current web site or forum translated documentation might need rewriting or revisions once 123.09beta01 goes stable. That's already a huge effort for me to update the documentation in my spare time so would be an even greater effort to translate it all for any person. So probably makes more sense right now to write up translated guides to common hosting solutions or how to - i.e. installing , updating Centmin Mod and creating nginx vhosts etc. Maybe that could be the hobby project itself? :)

Some web site pages like Getting Started Guide have Bing Translation option - no idea how accurate it is though LOL

upload_2018-3-4_3-45-13.png

In Bing French :)

upload_2018-3-4_3-46-6.png

There's 6 steps to learning more about Centmin Mod ;)

You might want to try the 123.09beta01 build as it will be next stable release and well has alot of improvements if you check 2nd post change log at Beta Branch - Centmin Mod .09 beta branch Testing. And you can share your initial install times here.

Threads you might want to participate in ;)

Quick Tips

Threads & Info To Bookmark

Threads to read, pages to bookmark and threads to watch/subscribe to get to know Centmin Mod would include:

Centmin Mod Insights Forum

The Centmin Mod Insights forums digs deeper into the inner workings of Centmin Mod so some useful threads in this forum include:

Security Related Developments

A few security related developments you might be interested reading about

Premium Membership

Centmin Mod Donations

You now can show your love and support for Centmin Mod via