Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Become a Member

Nginx Error 522 Connection Timeout Cloudflare

Discussion in 'Nginx and PHP-FPM news & discussions' started by skringjer, Apr 26, 2019.

1. skringjer

skringjer Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Ratings:
    +14
    Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    Greetings everyone and @eva2000 , i hope all are fine and doing well. Today i enabled cloudflare on my site and added include /usr/local/nginx/conf/cloudflare.conf; this in my vhost domain.ssl.conf file and also added a cron job 23 */36 * * * /usr/local/src/centminmod/tools/csfcf.sh auto >/dev/null 2>&1

But now i am getting http://prntscr.com/nh0k3q

What am i doing wrong, can someone please help?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,261
    Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    If you use a reverse proxy like Cloudflare, Sucuri, or Incapsula in front of Centmin Mod Nginx, you need to setup nginx realip to be passed onto Nginx.

See Getting Started Guide step 5 and setting correct real ip via nginx module config at http://centminmod.com/nginx_configure_cloudflare.html. The tools/csfcf.sh cronjob helps maintain the whitelisted CSF Firewall IPs, but you still need to setup nginx realip in your nginx vhost.

3. skringjer

skringjer Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Ratings:
    +14
    Local Time:
    I read that guide including /usr/local/nginx/conf/cloudflare.conf; i already included this file in the nginx domains vhost isnt this correct? do i need to add the set_real_ip in the nginx vhost too?

Sorry if i am bugging you, from the guide i have only missed this part For a typical reverse proxy i.e. haproxy load balancer which Centminmod.com site uses:

set_real_ip_from yourreverseproxyip;
    real_ip_header X-Forwarded-For;

Because i dont know if i should this or not.

I first try my best to read forum threads and guides, so if that dosent help then i come here and make a tread.

4. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,261
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    if you set include file /usr/local/nginx/conf/cloudflare.conf in nginx vhost then you're ok
    Code (Text):
    include /usr/local/nginx/conf/cloudflare.conf;

make sure to restart nginx afterwards though
    Code (Text):
    ngxrestart

5. skringjer

skringjer Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Ratings:
    +14
    Local Time:
    I think i did restart nginx, let me try again and see how it goes through

6. skringjer

skringjer Member

Apr 21, 2019
    Ratings:
    +14
    Local Time:
    I can confirm now that the issue has been fixed, i didnt restart nginx definitely that was the case. Thank you very much Eva, seeing the performance on a live site for the first time was really unbelievable,

I thought there arent enough users online on the site and hence the site and server are performing outstanding but i had even more users than usual and really its like a huge huge difference

I am upgraded from VestaCP, i wish i had know this platform earlier. Is there any thread / platform i can review centmin? would also love to contribute i just found the donations page.

Thank you once again :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,261
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Glad to hear

There's no real review thread/platform out there I know of ? But much appreciated donation wise :)

• Like Like x 1