Welcome to Centmin Mod Community
Register Now

Email Emails that are not always sent

Discussion in 'Domains, DNS, Email & SSL Certificates' started by JM5, May 15, 2018.

1. JM5

JM5 New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    5:00 PM
    I use Centmin Mod in Linode with 3 websites currently. The fact is that I've problems with emails, both in WordPress and in Xenforo, because many of them don't appear to be sent, or at least they are not received. This prevents me from creating contact forms or confirming the registration of users in Xenforo via email, since I don't know if they will be received.

I also receive daily emails sent by the server (WP-CLI) with the title "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender", which I suppose will come because the same problem.

Any way to solve this? Thank you.

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,304
    Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
  3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Active Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +145
    Local Time:
    10:00 AM
    MariaDB 10.0.28
    Biggest question.. are you hosting your mail server (MTA) yourself or relaying through a third party SMTP server?
    If relaying, then you still have to create your SPF, DKIM and DMARC records (you may have no control over RDNS PTR record).

If you are using the built in PHP process, then there is also some additional configuration required on the server to get it to host for multiple domains.

I've found the easiest solution (for me) was to get a smaller VPS and install Docker on it and use MailCow.
    Email hosting solutions/email servers

• Informative Informative x 1