Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Register Now

DNS CDN Cloudflare Don't know, it is an upgrade, CloudFlare & KeyCDN and others

Discussion in 'Domains, DNS, Email & SSL Certificates' started by EckyBrazzz, Dec 4, 2019 at 4:07 PM.

1. EckyBrazzz

EckyBrazzz Active Member

Mar 28, 2018
    >>>>Click here<<<< i'm nearby......
    Ratings:
    +280
    Local Time:
    2:51 AM
    1.17.x Cluster
    10.3.x Cluster & Redis
    Hi,

I have Cloudflare for their DNS, wanted to upgrade for some domains free to Pro / Business, but, pops up billing issue. I have many cards with funds, but I can only add one.

Opened a KeyCDN account, maybe it's better, I don't know, but building my own Cluster I still think is a better solution if you have many domains that all these above.

Yes, use some "Free" things like the CloudFlare SSL and so might be a good Idea, but if I enable CloudFlare I get on many domains 521 errors.

I tried the Agro Tunnel thing. Guess I was one of the first, because I receive a mail, we think it is stable, we have several hundreds clients without any problem. Asked for their department to file a reclamation after I was busy with it for several weeks with support, got we email, we don't have one. Well, I have so may connections I did it another way, and suddenly their support became fast, asked not send a reclamation like that. And yes, the bill was high when testing their Argo Tunnel.

WebP, nice, but WebP Express it does nearly the same. I know, @eva2000 Cloudflare Freak, but I really have my doubts about them.

2. rdan

rdan Well-Known Member

May 25, 2014
    Ratings:
    +1,708
    Local Time:
    1:51 PM
    Mainline
    Cloudflare pro is not that worth, almost identical to free plan.
    Maybe business plan has the best feature set.

3. EckyBrazzz

EckyBrazzz Active Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Ratings:
    +280
    Local Time:
    1.17.x Cluster
    10.3.x Cluster & Redis
    @rdan maybe yes, but do that with many domains. It will be a bit $$$$$

If I look at their Enterprise plans & many extras, price is Custom pricing, I already was talking to diego at Cloudflare, but stopped because all these troubles.

Not sure if you noticed my "Special add-on" to my footer > /dev/null 2>&1 :):)

And this is also a reason for /dev/null 2>&1
    Mystery man action.....
    Project_CMM_7334.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 6:15 PM
  4. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +14,708
    Local Time:
    3:51 PM
    Nginx 1.17.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    CF Pro is beneficial for higher quotas or page rules, firewall rules, firewall ip/rule limits, rate limiting rules, user agent blocking rules and mirage/polish webp, enhanced HTTP/2 priorization, TCP Turbo etc which free plan won't have and/or has less quota limits for :) All these additional quota/features allow you to better make use of Cloudflare for security and performance.

521 are due to backup config issues at your server. See
    You can see example of how I setup Cloudflare free plan for my latest Wordpress blog created via centmin.sh menu option 22 and used csfcf.sh at https://servermanager.guide/122/how-to-install-wordpress-on-centmin-mod-lemp-stack-guide/

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. EckyBrazzz

EckyBrazzz Active Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Ratings:
    +280
    Local Time:
    1.17.x Cluster
    10.3.x Cluster & Redis
    @eva2000

Ok, you win..... O.M.G. the WP-rocket, Wp - multi domain & Redis is going to change a bit. Will go for option 4... And yes, forget about KeyCDN :):(