Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Become a Member

Domains domain can not be accessed

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by sikuman, Oct 3, 2018.

1. sikuman

sikuman New Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    12:36 AM
    hallo

I have a dedicated server and installed last centmin 123.09beta01 php7.2 (checked today)
    this problem occurs when there are 2 domains on the server. all domains can not be accessed but the main ip (ip dedicated server) accessible,

this problem does not occur if in this server there is only 1 domain

could some one help me how to solve this issue ? i'm used all default setting

2. sikuman

sikuman New Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    and now i'm cant access server via ssh

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,287
    Local Time:
    3:36 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    did you setup domain DNS properly for A records to server IP ? check with Global DNS Propagation Checker - What's My DNS?

if ssh access is also blocked could be your ISP IP has been blocked by CSF Firewall ? do you have static IP address for your local ISP or dynamic ISP IP address ?

Similar to Sysadmin - Locked myself out due to CSF? How long is the IP blocked?

more info might be helpful
    1. What version of Centmin Mod ? .08 stable or .09 beta ? If .09 beta when was it installed and when was last time you updated the code ?
    2. What's your VPS/Server hardware specifications ? Xen/KVM/OpenVZ ? cpu type ? memory available ? disk space ? OS and version ? i.e. CentOS 6.10 or 7.5 ?
    3. Who's your web host ?
    4. Your ISP ip address static/dynamic ?
    5. What were you doing connection wise to your server leading up to the blockage ?
    6. If you're on dynamic ip, you may need additional steps CSF Firewall as per Getting Started Guide step 4
    7. Other steps: Does your web host offer out of band VNC/KVM/IPMI Console access? If you can, check if you ips are blocked using csf -g grep command
      Code:
      csf -g YOURIPADDRESS
      commands you can see for csf via
      Code:
      csf -h
      whitelist your ISP range of ips if you know the range
      Code:
      csf -a IPADDRESSORRANGE
      remove temp and permanent blocks from csf
      Code:
      csf -tr IPADDRESS
      csf -dr IPADDRESS
      also check CSF /var/log/lfd.log for clues
      Code:
      tail -50 /var/log/lfd.log
      another log is /var/log/messages you can grep it for your ips
      Code:
      grep IPADDRESS /var/log/messages
      and your /var/log/secure
      Code:
      tail -20 /var/log/secure

Do you have a VPN connection you can use ? Try using that to SSH into your server. If you have VPN like private one with dedicated IP, you can also whitelist that VPN IP in CSF Firewall. That's what i usually do so have multiple avenues to connect to server via SSH.

If you use DigitalOcean or solusVM based web host VPS they have consoles you can use to connect to your server out of band so you can access your server SSH and unblock yourself from CSF Firewall if needed. Once SSH'd in via console, check if your ISP IP has been blocked by

grepping csf firewall ips
    Code (Text):
    csf -g ISPIPADDRRESS

if blocked remove your ISP IP address from /etc/csf/csf.deny and restart CSF Firewall
    or via command
    Code (Text):
    csf -dr ISPIPADDRESS

4. sikuman

sikuman New Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    hello,
    answer the question

1. I'm using .09 beta , installed this morning GMT +7
    2. I'm use dedibox from online.net with spesification
    • CPU
      1x IntelĀ® XeonĀ® E3 1230 v3

• RAM
      32 GB DDR3 ECC

• Storage
      2x 120 GB SSD

• Bandwidth
      Premium 300 Mbit/s

• RPN
      Up to 1 Gbit/s
    • centos (7.2) (64BITS)
    4. checked with GSM connection & static IP

5. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,287
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    haven't used online.net myself but those servers should have out of band console access via KVM over IP to be able to log back into your server to troubleshoot CSF Firewall as per above steps KVM over IP [Documentation - Online.net]

assuming of course you setup domain DNS A records correctly - can test via Global DNS Propagation Checker - What's My DNS? and that you created nginx vhosts for those domains via centmin.sh menu option 2 or 22

6. sikuman

sikuman New Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Ratings:
    +1
    Local Time:
    i'm can login via ssh now, but my site seem have high load, and after disable

# resolver 127.0.0.1 valid=10m;
    # resolver_timeout 10s;
    #timer_resolution 100ms;

reduce

worker_rlimit_nofile 520000;
    worker_connections 50000;

in nginx.conf we have good speed.
    does it affect web speed?

7. eva2000

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,287
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    these ultimately affect how many concurrent connections/requests nginx will be able to handle

FYI, CPU load optimal is 1.0 per cpu thread so 8 cpu thread normal = 8x1 = 8.0. 16 cpu server normal is 16x1 = 16.0

so cpu load of 8 for
    • 2 cpu server = 8/2 = 4.0 load average
    • 4 cpu server = 8/4 = 2.0 load average
    • 8 cpu server = 8/8 = 1.0 load average
    When you type top command, hit number 1 to break down per cpu stats

Centmin Mod is provided as is, so troubleshooting load issues is left to end user to do. However, there's many linux tools and scripts that can help you figure out what was causing the load issues and when.

If you're providing info on this forum, more info might be helpful
    1. What's your VPS/Server hardware specifications ? cpu type ? memory available ? disk space ?
    2. Who's your web host ? Different hosts have different limits for server resource usage and some are more restrictive that others so it could just be their resource usage policy you tripped which may or may not be restrictive. If restrictive, then real solution would be finding a better web host. If not restrictive, then it's finding out what caused high cpu load.
    3. If running Centmin Mod 123.09beta01 or higher, you will have access to a cminfo top command which can also provide a summary of statistics - some of which are explained in info and linked articles below.
    Tools and commands you will want to read up on and learn for basic system admin tasks and troubleshooting.
    Notes:
    For example what's output for these commands
    Code (Text):
    top -bn1

Code (Text):
    ps aufxw

Code (Text):
    sar -q

Code (Text):
    sar -r

Code (Text):
    sar -q -f /var/log/sa/sa$(date +%d -d yesterday)

Code (Text):
    sar -r -f /var/log/sa/sa$(date +%d -d yesterday)

If you want to look at per process usage stats use pidstat run pidstat every 1 sec for 5 runs and sed is just to replace your main hostname with word hostname so mask your domain for posting on public places
    Code (Text):
    pidstat -durh 1 5 | sed -e "s|$(hostname)|hostname|g"

for posting code you might want to use CODE tags for code How to use forum BBCODE code tags :)