Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Creating a server template

Discussion in 'Install & Upgrades or Pre-Install Questions' started by Mrbo, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mrbo

Mrbo Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Ratings:
    +3
    Local Time:
    1:17 AM
    Hi! I want to setup three servers in three different locations and I wonder if I can optimize and create a server template or ISO file in some way? Is there something I need to think about or take into consideration before exporting and importing it?

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +12,287
    Local Time:
    4:17 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Creating ISO probably not the best way as first it's large and fairly static meaning making changes and updates involves alot of work to update an ISO image. You're better yet scripting it i.e. bash shell script similar to what Centmin Mod does for LEMP install.

Which allows you to extend/customise Centmin Mod LEMP installs like how Linode Stackscripts are possible for GUI based Centmin Mod installs on Linode KVM VPSes Linode - official centmin mod Linode stackscript

and examples of customising initial Centmin Mod LEMP install by enabling optional features at install time Install - Discussion: how do you initially install & setup your Centmin Mod server?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1