Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Become a Member

Sysadmin cPanel Server Migration

Discussion in 'System Administration' started by tdubs, Sep 5, 2017.

1. tdubs

tdubs Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Ratings:
    +15
    Local Time:
    5:37 AM
    Hello,

I am looking to migrate my clients from one server to my new server without data loss if possible. I am currently on my friends server and host my friends and I have cPanel and WHM access and I want to migrate them to my new server which I have 100% root access to as it's my personal dedicated server. I am not sure if it's possible to do this without root access of the old server where they're at now but if it is, that's good. If not, then that's okay and I will wait patiently for the Sysadmin to reply to my Facebook messages.

If this can be done, how much would you charge me to do this? I have 20 clients I need migrated and everything on my end is done and ready to go; just need migration done. Please don't quote me something outrageous as I could do it myself if I had the extra time on my hands to do so.

Thanks!

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,266
    Local Time:
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. tdubs

tdubs Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Ratings:
    +15
    Local Time:
    Ah, yes. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was reading the wrong article this entire time and was one regarding transferring an entire cPanel/WHM setup from one server to another when really I just need my clients accounts. I ended up finding the proper article on this.

• Like Like x 1