Get the most out of your Centmin Mod LEMP stack
Become a Member

Composer install

Discussion in 'Other Web Apps usage' started by dce, Feb 21, 2018.

1. dce

dce New Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Ratings:
    +2
    Local Time:
    3:35 PM
    CentOS 7 64bit
    centmin 123.09beta01
    PHP 5.6.33
    nginx version: nginx/1.13.9
    10.1.31-MariaDB

I have some legacy drupal 7 sites I am going to host on centmin. Installed from a linode script on a 4gig CentOS provisioned server. Everything went smoothly - firewall, secured SSH etc. Originally installed Php 10+, then recompiled for PHP 5.6.33 after the install.
    When I tried to install drush (before any drupal installs) I got a complaint about composer which did not seem to be installed. I checked documentation and I found one tread on the topic of composer. I did a manual install based on some non-centmin related documentation;
    curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php;
    then changed into the drush directory and ran: /usr/local/src/centminmod/composer.phar install (edit: I am assuming that composer should not be here, just ended up in the centminmod dir while I was doing some trial and error ...)

This installed it. Now, before I set up any aliases / paths etc, I can launch the binary by calling drush with its full path.

Since I am setting up for the first time, I want to make sure I am using proper practices when installing and utilizing composer within the Centmin Mod framework. Does composer usually install with the centmin php install? If it does, how do you force centmin mod to install composer?
    If it has to be installed after the fact, what is the best way to accomplish a composer install that works well with the centmin mod system and drush?

Regards,

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +11,782
    Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    Nginx 1.15.x
    MariaDB 5.5/10.x
    Centmin Mod doesn't install composer by default as it can use up to 1.5GB of memory by itself ! But here's old Laravel guide install that i whipped up with composer at How to install Laravel?

Install composer globally

Code:
    curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
    mv composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer