Discover Centmin Mod today
Register Now

DNS CName records

Discussion in 'Domains, DNS, Email & SSL Certificates' started by denellum, Dec 7, 2016.

1. denellum

denellum Member Premium Member

May 11, 2016
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +27
    Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    I did some searching but I guess my lack of knowledge is hindering me :(

I have my dns for the domain (denellum.com) hosted with the people i purchased the domain from.

I added the domain denellum.com to force www and https with centminmod opt 2... it works perfectly.

But now, my cname for status.denellum.com is forcing it to go https as well. Instead of going to the domain that it was going to before adding denellum.com to my server.

Is there something i can change in the config?

2. denellum

denellum Member Premium Member

May 11, 2016
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +27
    Local Time:
    4:32 PM
    actually... ignore this. MIGHT be an issue with the place the CNAME is going to :)

3. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,400
    Local Time:
    8:32 AM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
    no need to delete this thread .. did you enable HSTS for domain ?

Are the host.domain.com and HTTPS enabled site also on same top level domain.com ? did you enable HSTS with include subdomain too ? if you did then you're telling browsers to force HTTP to HTTPS redirected connections for domain.com and any *.domain.com subdomain as well

see Enabling HSTS for SSL for specifics
    As accessing host.domain.com is usually reserved for stats and admin pages the Centmin Mod LEMP stack owner only needs to access, you can just clear your web browser's HSTS record for the domain.com and host.domain.com so the web browser no longer redirects from HTTP to HTTPS. I posted a thread at SSL - How to clear HSTS browser cache | Centmin Mod Community specifically for this :)