Join the community today
Register Now

CMM with Alama Linux 8 running Wordpress 6.x

Discussion in 'Show Cases & Centmin Testimonials' started by cloud9, May 26, 2023.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Premium Member Premium Member

Oct 6, 2015
    England
    Ratings:
    +216
    Local Time:
    6:42 AM
    10.6.x
    Well never having done anything Wordpress wise installed on CMM before I thought I would give my opinion of my latest installs.....

Have only used CMM for Invision and Xenforo before now, all my Wordpress sites were on originally my own cpanel dedicated server......

Due to price increases (when cpanel hikes prices some years back), co-location costs and dwindling customers moving to the cheap end of the marker for $3 a month hosting I decided to cut costs and dump the large overheads.......

Originally as I was really busy I went for a reseller hosting plan on cpanel as it was an easy transfer of all accounts in WHM, signed up for 2 years as got a big discount (BIG mistake), to cut a long story short there servers were really slow, abysmal speeds, support was read from a crib sheet and took 7-14 days to actually get an answer email IP was so bad my emails were getting blocked weekly due to them having spammers on their servers..... It was a never ending task of support tickets and moaning and stress, They are a USA company, very large, some 600,000 customers, however I wont name them here as have done monthly reviews on various websites about how much were service sucks and how crap there support is.....

So my 2 years is up for renewal this June and that isnt happening so decided to spin up a nice Hetzner VPS, install CMM with Alma and transfer a few of my own sites to see how easy/hard it was......

Simple job, using Updraft Backup Wordpress plugin via dropbox, backup the old site, delete the cpanel account, set up the DNS to point to the new server and with an hour or so for dns, then install with option 22 in CMM, load updraft, restore the backup from dropbox and sorted, job done, and they run SOOOOOO much faster and have sooooooo much better ssl labs reports and gt metrix!

So have now transferred all sites and all run sweet

Running all the emails through MX Route which again is a fabulous email only service provider, no email deliverability issues and using imap for the customers and smtp on the vps for each Wordpress account for outgoing emails.....

So in all never having done anything really with Wordpress on a CMM server - Its awesome

Thanks @eva2000

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +18,473
    Local Time:
    3:42 PM
    Nginx 1.25.x
    MariaDB 10.x
    Thanks @cloud9 for sharing your experiences. Always great to see Centmin Mod users provide feedback and their experience when switching over from another control panel to Centmin Mod :D