Learn about Centmin Mod LEMP Stack today
Become a Member

Wordpress CLI info and custom plugin and/or theme packages

Discussion in 'Blogs & CMS usage' started by apidevlab, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. apidevlab

apidevlab Member

Mar 22, 2016
    /dev/null
    Ratings:
    +54
    Local Time:
    6:40 AM
    5.2.14-122
    Hi,
    Hope the thread title makes sense. I have been away from centinmod for a few months but have been keeping an eye on it. I have been playing around with a customised version of Wordpress that would allow me/you to install a set of preferred plugins/themes etc.

Much of this can and is achieved by using WP CLI which as you may or may not know is how centminmod currently handles an install of Wordpress.

I have compiled a small package of themes and plugins and as an excuse to learn git started to build these into a package that can be downloaded with all the required stuff available in on zip file (like centminmod server.zip) so much more reading to do but...

I am curious as to whether WP CLI will allow this approach e.g. rather than pulling in each plugin etc 1 x 1 I can point it to my custom zip, extract and then use WP CLI to perform the install locally?

The package is at the moment consisting of child themes for the main Wordpress ones and the new Sitepoint Base theme which is FREE GPL and I have also included a child theme for this imaginatively titled Webcurl Home

Any thoughts, ideas, pointers suggestions etc most welcome :)

2. eva2000

eva2000 Administrator Staff Member

May 24, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Ratings:
    +10,144
    Local Time:
    3:40 PM
    Nginx 1.13.x
    MariaDB 5.5
  3. apidevlab

apidevlab Member

Mar 22, 2016
    /dev/null
    Ratings:
    +54
    Local Time:
    6:40 AM
    5.2.14-122
    Thanks, yes I have seen the site. It's rather extensive. It seems that WP CLI is being merged into the core of WP the docs for the project are being pointed to wordpress.org make site

Lots of reading to do but well worth it :)

Code (Text):
    --path=<path>
    Path to the WordPress files.

From wp core download | WP-CLI

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1